Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Very good Irvin repro F/S. 42/44

John Lever

One Too Many
I have several jacket projects on the go at the moment and I need to raise some funds so this great jacket is for sale.
This is one of the rare very early Cockpit Clothing Southampton jackets from the same period as the early Eastmans. I would guess late 80's early 90's. Forget the later jackets that pop up on eBay they have no comparison to this both in materials and pattern. This jacket has very long wide arms with the perfect taper found on originals. The idea being to protect the wrists when the arms were raised above the head in an open topped plane. The panel configuration is identical to the Eastman 42 pattern but the arms are longer and the body 1/2 shorter. The materials though are in my opinion superior as the outer coating has the raised creases seen on original jackets and a semi matt almost dusty look but not dry.
It looks like there has been very little wear and the jacket is clean with no issues apart from a missing elastic neck strap. I gave it a very gentle surface clean,the jacket has NOT been washed but there are no unpleasant odours.
Regarding fit the cuffs reach the middle of my hand and the base of the waist sits on the waistband of my jeans. Originals I have owned were similar.

Dimensions
Pits base of gusset 22 in
Shoulder to cuff 27 in
Shoulder seam to seam 20 in
Base of collar to waist 23 1/2 in

Asking price £350 plus any costs.

105p6qa.jpg

cl3jl.jpg
aysm4k.jpg

oa5h50.jpg

23wo6qw.jpg

4hqow0.jpg

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Very pleased to be buying this one - I've admired the early Cockpit Clothing jackets for a while. It'll be a good replacement for my old Links Irvin (this looks to have been based on the 1942 Links pattern) and it came from my home town too :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn