Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage 1940s 'Buttercup Yellow ' Crepe Dress with Amazing Pleat Detailing

swinggal

One Too Many
This stunning dress is from my personal collection and has been a favourite since I found it back in 1999. A stunning buttercup yellow soft, flowing crepe dress with the most amazingly precisely pleated detail I have ever seen on the bodice. It has both horizontal and vertical pleats and both scalloped pocket flaps and collar. Still has it's original belt also and a row of beautiful faceted glass buttons. This is a quality made item with fine attention to detail. There is a frayed tag inside saying '34' which I am guessing indicates bust size. Has padded shoulders and this dress also had the original sweat pads pinned into place, which I did remove. Just a beautiful 40s frock!!

✩ APPROX MEASUREMENTS (in inches)
Bust: 34
Waist: 27-28
Hips: 34
Shoulder to shoulder: 14
Length: 40

✩ CONDITION OF ITEM: Excellent bar a 3 small rubbed areas behind the neck on the back of the dress as a small patch up pulled fabric on the front right shoulder. There is a small coloured mark just near the collar but is barely visible. The threaded belt loops are broken but these can easily be remade. The last hole in the belt loop doesn't have an eyelet, which could also be added if the buyer wished. The belt backing is a quite stiff and a a little frayed but still very wearable. There may have been a 5th button at some point, but it was not there when I purchased the dress. Does not detract from the look of the dress at all. This dress has seen very little wear and any fault have come from age and storage as far as I can tell.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/95121605/vintage-1940s-buttercup-yellow-crepe

il_fullxfull.319718693.jpg

il_fullxfull.319718843.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80