Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage advertisements?

Gigi

New in Town
A few days ago I found a website that contained a huge wealth of high quality images of vintage advertisements. It might have even been all illustrated advertisements. I cannot find it again for the life of me. Most of them were from the 40s-50s. I'm desperate to find it again. Does anyone know what site I'm talking about?

Gigi

New in Town
Nope, that's not it. I googled several terms and can't find the site. I swear I found it via google image search as well. I know there are several of these sites out there, so I'm just hoping one of the ones someone might mention ends up being the one I'm looking for.

HepKitty

One Too Many
Mr Vim thansk for the laugh. Of course it's a kind of shake-your-head type laugh but still :eusa_doh:

lord_k

One of the Regulars
Let's Keep It Alive!

I can recommend some really valuable resources.
Vintage Poster is my all-time favorite.
pignouf-vintageposter-primerose2.jpg

paul.malon's Flickr photostream is fantastic.
Found in Mom's Basement & PostersPlease are very good.
And don't forget to check the photostream of Boston Public Library

HepKitty

One Too Many
Diamondback said:
Two years between posts isn't "keep alive", it's outright "necromancy." :p

Zombie Thread! RUN AWAAAAY! lol

lol I didn't even notice the date on the first few posts... Nice job Mr Vim in not contributing to thread redundancy :)

I've found that google's image search brings up lots of wonderful vintage ads, aviation, perfume, etc

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I just saw on Foxnews they have a large article of about sixty vintage ads, ranging from the 1920s to the 1980s I believe, some are from the cracked article I posted earlier, others are... much more enjoyable and others are just plain wrong.

HepKitty

One Too Many
lord_k said:

Please warn if links are NSFW, not that the link itself would set off any internet warnings which explain why bored people at work would be looking at it, but some of those ads may get someone in trouble unintentionally. Say, if someone of higher sensitivity or authority were to walk by...

lord_k

One of the Regulars
HepKitty said:
Please warn if links are NSFW, not that the link itself would set off any internet warnings which explain why bored people at work would be looking at it, but some of those ads may get someone in trouble unintentionally. Say, if someone of higher sensitivity or authority were to walk by...
I beg your pardon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925