Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage baseball cap.What team ????

simmo

Familiar Face
Anyone tell me what team this cap belongs to.Been looking on cooperstown website but cant find the exact same cap or is it just a custom type cap?
buck.jpg

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Ahh yes...inal installment of Band of Brothers...

The 'B' looks similar to a Dodgers' 'B' but I've never seen a '30s-'40s one in yellow- the blue is very Dodgers though-

But then again, it could have been a Minors team, or maybe from his home town.
A repro for sure.

B
T

Skywlkrinc

New in Town
Buck Compton was a jock in college before entering the Army. It could be from the school he went to....though that is just a guess and I don't know which college he went to.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
The Answer!

The cap is UCLA Bruins Athletic- Baseball (founded 1920s)

'B' for Bruins- blue and yellow-

Lynn D. (Buck) Compton played Football too, Rosebowl Jan. '43.

Here's a contemporary example of UCLA Bruins' Blue and Yellow-

UCLPLA0010.jpg

r101-ucla.jpg

ucbru2a.JPG

The TV one is obviously a period correct wool flannel fitted cap, probably a custom job by one of the repro vendors.

See this thread for some examples of what's available in repro vintage fitted flannel ball caps:

http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=3455&highlight=baseball+caps

B
T

simmo

Familiar Face
Cheers Guys.So what i am after is a UCLA Bruins Blue and Yellow wool flannel fitted cap.Cant find any UCLA Bruins caps at Coooperstown Ball Cap co.Looking at the fitting pics on cooperstown caps site would you say this cap was a regular cut or a short cut ? Have emailed them to see if they can make this cap.
Cheers.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
I've had 'Ebbets Field Flannels' and 'Mitchell and Ness' caps and they're good-
these ones, I think are a wool blend though, rather than pure wool flannel.

The vintage style caps are so much kooler than the later ones wth the peaked/stiffened crowns...

B
T

simmo

Familiar Face
Ball caps have just got back to me.Said it looks like a new throw back of the Bruins in the 40's .It will be $44 plus $20 shipping to UK.Does that sound about right ?

simmo

Familiar Face
Are there any other vintage cap sites that will make a cap to order or are ball caps the best bet.Want best quality i can get for about the same price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo