Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Bathing Suits

MissHannah

One Too Many
That sounds beautiful! Can't wait for pics.

I found the most gorgeous repro swimsuit at the weekend, in John Lewis of all places. It was royal blue with ruching and straight cut across the bottom and they even had my size, BUT it was £45... so I'll have to hang on for the sale and pray the one left in my size doesn't go before then. I can't find a picture of it on their website to show you though, so if anyone passes John Lewis with camera this week... lol

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
olive bleu said:
lol

Ha Ha..i was excited about this till i saw the size...maybe if i can stick a 1 in front of itlol
It is sooooooo tiny - and it had a mishap when I washed it and it got little pink stains, so I gave it to Miss 1940s when she was out this weekend (please post a pic of you in it, Ashley!). She's the only person I know small enough for it! Darn her.

lyburnum

Practically Family
Samantha Sage has some beautiful vintage inspired swimsuits:

HaitiBikiLow3.jpg
MustiqueSwim5.jpg

http://www.samanthasage.com/

lyburnum

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
I found the most gorgeous repro swimsuit at the weekend, in John Lewis of all places. It was royal blue with ruching and straight cut across the bottom and they even had my size, BUT it was £45... so I'll have to hang on for the sale and pray the one left in my size doesn't go before then. I can't find a picture of it on their website to show you though, so if anyone passes John Lewis with camera this week... lol

Debenhams has this lovely one on sale for £20, however they've sold out of size 8 :(

20080606_064011506643_LRG.jpg

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
MJrules said:
It looks and feels pretty sturdy. The fabric is nice and soft on the inside too. And since it's 92% polyester, it's got a satin-y shine to it. But because the neckline comes up too high on me, I think I'm leaning more towards Ashley Dean's styles right now:

ashdean.jpg
ad2.jpg
ad.jpg

I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but the yellow one has a pretty little cutout under the tie. She doesn't have prices listed on her site or myspace, I hope they're not too expensive because I think I'm in love!

These are awesome. I want one!!

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
But of coures deco Mommy dearest! I cannot wait to take Pictures!!!!! I loook like esther Williams in it, if I do say so myself!
it fits Perfect!!!along with the worlds fair blouse and the dress and the Pants too.... I have bee dying for a pair of pants like that!
Miss 1929 said:
It is sooooooo tiny - and it had a mishap when I washed it and it got little pink stains, so I gave it to Miss 1940s when she was out this weekend (please post a pic of you in it, Ashley!). She's the only person I know small enough for it! Darn her.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Buzzoffdarling, That post would be better suitted for the classifeids section.;) I might be intrested in it(if only I could convince myslef I don't need another retro bathing suit!) Do you ladies who own revamp suits like yours?

Samantha

BuzzOff Darling

New in Town
retrogirl1941 said:
Buzzoffdarling, That post would be better suitted for the classifeids section.;) I might be intrested in it(if only I could convince myslef I don't need another retro bathing suit!) Do you ladies who own revamp suits like yours?

Samantha

Oh!
My apologies - I didn't even realize there was a classified section!

Thank you, love!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
dahliaoleander said:
OMG! That is the type (almost exactly) of vintagey 20's flapper bathing dress I'd like. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

More like a dress though....

Grrr.... I always find SOMETHING wrong. :rage: lol :rolleyes:

You can't get what you want, till you know what you want!

I suggest haunting the thrift stores - there was a rash of dresses in the 80s that pass for those early cotton bathing suits very well. I have a friend who wore one, wet, with seaweed to be "M is for Maud who was Swept Out to Sea" at our Edward Gorey party... very effective!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80