Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Bathing Suits

Shirin

A-List Customer
Neat find Goldwyn Girl, I really like this one!
IMG_8505etiny.jpg

and this is just too adorable!
IMG_8323etiny.jpg

Shirin

A-List Customer
Looks the same price no matter where you go. Even the Dept. Stores (with the exception of Ross, Marshalls & TJ Maxx) have suits $80 and up.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Shirin said:
Looks the same price no matter where you go. Even the Dept. Stores (with the exception of Ross, Marshalls & TJ Maxx) have suits $80 and up.

Newport News is also cheaper.

It's a real pity to pay $80+ for something that you might wear less than 10 times all summer!

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
Something to keep in mind for later this summer once stores move on to fall, I paid full price for the jantzen vamp/hollywood swimsuit last year and my sister was able to pick up the same suit at Dillards for only $25 a month later. At the time, neither of us knew the other had it!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Land's End has REALLY cute swimsuits this year. You can mix and match the top and bottom styles of the two piece, and they have swim skirt bottoms that cover the multitude of sins.
Plus some really cute one piece suits like this:
387039_A709_LF_GXL

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
Miss 1929 said:
Land's End has REALLY cute swimsuits this year. You can mix and match the top and bottom styles of the two piece, and they have swim skirt bottoms that cover the multitude of sins.
Plus some really cute one piece suits like this:
387039_A709_LF_GXL
That's adorable.

Puzzicato

One Too Many

amygeorgina

New in Town
I have one of these: http://www.alwaysforme.com/plussizeswim3.html and will probably order a new one this year as I wear mine when I go swimming at the gym at it's started to fade and degrade, am not sure how vintage it is but with the halter neck and the skirt it really is a comfy suit. EDIT: Have just realised they're $80 but I guess with the exchange rate, that's probably not too bad for us Brits, I must have been rich the year I bought that!

dementedmomma

New in Town
exquisitebones said:
I generally like to wear real vintage swimsuits and playsuits.. but the 2 pieces at Mod Cloth are reallllly good looking. plus the velvet one piece??! So cute
http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Swimwear

OOh. LOL. I know realize they are mostly Esther Williams suits, which we all know and love. so ... carry on then!

i just found mod cloth and i love the stuff they have. i have a one piece (easter Williams)swim suit that a friend made me. it's great b/c i'm a bit curvy so it's made to fit and flatter me perfectly. i love friends who can sew. i'd better star practicing more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran