Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Buttons Yay!!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lauren said:
LD, I love the artwork on those cards!
...what I really needed were brown and green buttons lol

Thanks! :)

I have TONS of green buttons and rarely use them. Are you needing someting for a casual or more formal outfit? I can have a look at my stash.

Miss 1929, I LOVE the cocoanut shell button set. Ive never seen one with a buckle that huge. Wow, thats an attention getter!

LD

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ooh! That's so nice of you! I'm waiting on my fabric to get here, then I'm going to decide on a pattern, but it's going to be more of a day/afternoon frock I think. :D

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lady Day said:
Miss 1929, I LOVE the cocoanut shell button set. Ive never seen one with a buckle that huge. Wow, thats an attention getter!

LD

Ain't it grand? I decided the Button Dress pattern will be used for these, I have some beige shantung-ish fabric that will be perfect (nice drape), so my multicolor cotton I was thinking of will be for something else.

I also am awaiting the arrival of one more coconut button, shaped like a seahorse, and about 3" tall! Plan to make a jacket to match the dress and use it there.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Here are some buttons I picked up at an estate sale this weekend.
DSC04415.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
Love the graphics. You better watch out. I started picking up buttons and now seriously cannot seem to stop. I know I must have several thousand by now. I find it so odd and why I do not know. Little works of Art IMHO.

MarieAnne

Practically Family
Foofoogal - I agree! I'm looking forward to having more than I know what to do with. It's easy to pick out fabric for a project. But it's the trims, buttons, zippers and embellishments that I have the most fun choosing.

LD - Those are super cool. Any idea what to do with them?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks, Marieanne.

I'm not going to use them. I have a small stash of buttons I just keep. Some are too rare/awesome to use. These included :biggrin:

LD

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
I am so maniacally obsessed about buttons it is not funny! When I am in a craft store it's about the first aisle I go to. When I am in the Vintage Fashion Expo, it's the first booth I go to (and drops a lot of money on--maybe too much! lol). I love all of the buttons on here. Amazing collection! You wouldn't mind if I "borrowed" a few of them, do you? ;) I read in a magazine somewhere that during the 1920s, buttons were really expensive. So ladies during that era got really crafty and used beads for buttons! I'm also a tad bit obsessed with beads too! :p I wish I had a photobucket (I'm sorry, I'm a bit of a technological dinosaur) account so I should show you my favorites. One of the ones in my collection that I am crazy about are these buttons that belonged to my grandmother originally. They have a horse on them and they have a backing that almost looks like cork. I also love these vintage cream color German buttons with peacocks on them. I would describe more, but I think most of you here might be scratching your heads from my poor descriptions of them! lol

Last edited:

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
:p I wish I had a photobucket (I'm sorry, I'm a bit of a technological dinosaur) account so I should show you my favorites. One of the ones in my collection that I am crazy about are these buttons that belonged to my grandmother originally. They have a horse on them and they have a backing that almost looks like cork. I also love these vintage cream color German buttons with peacocks on them. I would describe more, but I think most of you here might be scratching your heads from my poor descriptions of them! lol

Photobucket is free, and they have tutorials. :)
I wouldn't say I'm mildly obsessed with vintage buttons, but I am obsessed with vintage buttons :) I have a near obscene number and I love them and love to use them. Out of the thousands I have on hundreds of cards, I'd say only maybe 5% are forever collectables. The rest I'll use on a project when the mood strikes.

Yay buttons!

LD

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
I keep telling myself that I am going to use these buttons for something and I never do. Then I see new buttons and I'm like "I need to add that to the button box." I don't think I want to know or count how many buttons I have. Maybe someday for a trivia question, but I'll leave the counting to somebody else! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland