Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Buttons Yay!!

Idledame

Practically Family
LD...step away from the computer! You do NOT need any more buttons! Honestly, ladies, when she says she has a big box of buttons...she's talking about a box that's 2' x 2' x 2'. And that's not counting the ones in picture frames on her walls. LD is the Typhoid Mary of the Button Collecting disease. All you have to do to get it is read this thread and next thing you know all these little packages start arriving in the mail and you're addicted too!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Oh Idledame, youre so funny :) I recall you looking through that box quite a while. Those were my 'keepers' I have a box about half that size full of the rejects. I need to get rid of those.

30sglass.jpg

I just got these. 11 glass buttons, yay!

LD

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
I didn't purchase any of these, but I thought to myself "I know folks who would have a field day in these drawers and bins" as i perused at a local vintage store. I need to head back there sometime to get buttons for a 60s swing coat I recently purchased...

IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3199.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I got these from etsy. I am very exited about the cherry buttons butI am not sure how I will use them. If anyone is intrested in those, the seller had alot more.
il_430xN.145485479.jpg

il_430xN.145157403.jpg

il_430xN.146056960.jpg

SayCici

Practically Family
Jennifer, the maple leaf buttons!!!

DPD, I love the green set with the buckle! Can't wait to see how you use them.

MirandaFern

Familiar Face
Idledame said:
LD...step away from the computer! You do NOT need any more buttons! Honestly, ladies, when she says she has a big box of buttons...she's talking about a box that's 2' x 2' x 2'. And that's not counting the ones in picture frames on her walls. LD is the Typhoid Mary of the Button Collecting disease. All you have to do to get it is read this thread and next thing you know all these little packages start arriving in the mail and you're addicted too!

I was just thinking to myself "STEP AWAY FROM THIS THREAD...you don't need another 'addiction'-ahem-collection..."

Foofoogal

Banned
I need some serious button intervention. I have tons and tons of them and keep picking up whole jars and for some reason I cannot part with any of them.
I find them very cheap entertainment and can get lost in them for hours.
Is it just me? :eusa_doh:

Idledame

Practically Family

Grant Fan

Practically Family
ladies there is a company in my home town called accessories of old, I get all sorts of things from them. Everything in the store was purchased by the family in the time it was made what they are selling now is what they have always had. I go to the actual store when visit my parents but here is their website you should give it a look. http://www.accessoriesofold.com/

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Grant Fan said:
ladies there is a company in my home town called accessories of old, I get all sorts of things from them. Everything in the store was purchased by the family in the time it was made what they are selling now is what they have always had. I go to the actual store when visit my parents but here is their website you should give it a look. http://www.accessoriesofold.com/

Thanks for posting that site is fabulous well I guess there is one good thing about going back to work.

Foofoogal

Banned
LD. I love the graphics and the purple ones. They look interesting.

I saw an Antiques show from Europe recently that had a button lady. She made all sorts of fabulous displays with her buttons.
I have separated most of mine by color. I am so bad about identifying most of them. I think I have a mental block as if I knew what they were exactly I would be tempted to sell them.

AdrianLvsRocky

One of the Regulars
Grant Fan - Thanks so much for that link! So much amazing stuff and they ship to the UK so I'll be getting myself a few very early Christmas presents!

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
LD, I love the artwork on those cards!

I couldn't help myself, these are too yummy. But after I bought them I realized they were all close to the same shade, and what I really needed were brown and green buttons lol
buttons1.jpg

buttons2.jpg

buttons3.jpg

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Those are so cool. I've got a similar set but they're ships, but without the original card. So neat to see the original presentation :)
My husband has a Home Craft magazine from the 1930s that shows how to make them- I think it has patterns for the ships and fish. Pretty nifty stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass