Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Car Thread - Discussion and Parts Requests

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Progress, right
I fixed a couple Mazda Miatas bought for cheap and quickly flipped them for cash.
Nice reproduction of early British but could not fit
This what they felt like

And i thought the 61 Vette was bad even after takin the seat rails off
Big Man :
Any decision?

I rode with one of my good friends on a 200+ mile trip one time. He drove a Toyota. My knees hit the dash, so I couldn't scrunch down in the seat, which caused my head to not quite fit in the car. After about 20 miles of riding with my head turned sideways, I had to have some relief. Fortunately, he had a sun roof in the car and opened it up. My head stuck out to about mid forehead. By the time we got to where we were going, my hair had flapped so much in the wind that it actually hurt. I'm sure it was quite the sight to see us driving down the highway. :)

?????????????
950512e84c134a1bcf91acd6ea03b702.jpg

35ed155947dd732f192444c3173f2ce0.jpg

6c0208659bd13b02c307d399da4c760c.jpg

That ought to be good for some discussion, if nothing else.[emoji14]

The more I look at these pictures, the more I am completely flabbergasted that, after all the work whoever did this went through, they just left the crappy plastic Lumina wheel covers on it. Seems like that much effort would at least justify a set of rims of some kind, even terrible looking ones.

Last edited:

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The more I look at these pictures, the more I am completely flabbergasted that, after all the work whoever did this went through, they just left the crappy plastic Lumina wheel covers on it. Seems like that much effort would at least justify a set of rims of some kind, even terrible looking ones.

Looks like if someone went through that much work they'd have picked something besides a Lumina. [huh]

LizzieMaine

Bartender
It's a metatextual criticism on the inherent meaninglessness of design over substance. There is no practical reason for that car -- or any car, ever -- to have fins, therefore to place them on a mundane, pointless car like a Lumina is, in fact, a meaningful critique of the marketing-over-engineering principles which governed postwar auto design. Fins are "cool," therefore this car is "cool." BUY IT.

A brilliant piece of work, really.

It's a metatextual criticism on the inherent meaninglessness of design over substance. There is no practical reason for that car -- or any car, ever -- to have fins, therefore to place them on a mundane, pointless car like a Lumina is, in fact, a meaningful critique of the marketing-over-engineering principles which governed postwar auto design. Fins are "cool," therefore this car is "cool." BUY IT.

Okay, I want a show of hands (mine will be the first up), but who else had to Google "metatextual?"

Metatextuality is a form of intertextual discourse in which one text makes critical commentary on another text. This concept is related to Gérard Genette's concept of transtextuality in which a text changes or expands on the content of another text.

HeyMoe

Practically Family

Yeah.

What Lizzie said.

ingineer

One Too Many
My neighbor's hipster 20 yo just bought this to my surprise.
1964 Ford Fairlane w/ the 260 block. Very low mileage
it came with a box of new parts, performance distributor, door seals gaskets etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany