Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Films: Roadshow 1941

Ccc

New in Town
This film was on Turner Classics tonight. The vintage fashions were really great to see. One, in particular, was worn by the female owner of the carnival, and I can't remember her name. Anyway, it was a flowered print, with a cross-over bodice; really cute!

Does anyone else have favorite films with vintage fashions?

Thanks!

Ccc

Nashoba

One Too Many
Hey I watched that last night too :) The one on after that had some great dresses too....what was it called? something about 'my heart' Anyway, I loved the black dress with the crisscrossed lacing on it. Sadly alot of times I watch TCM not for the movie but for the fashions!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I gave it a look too - IMDb said it was "silly," altho it's not a laugh-a-minute, more like a laugh every 5 minutes until the last reel, which is a pack of fun.

Kinda sad about the leads - Carole Landis of course killed herself at 29 :( , and John Hubbard was spoiling to be the next "B" heartthrob before he went to the service. When he returned, he never got past supporting playerdom again.

RedHotRidinHood

Practically Family
Some of the best movie fashions I have ever seen is the in-color fashion show in the middle of "The Women" from 1939. Pretty outrageous stuff for the time, and so gorgeous!

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Ccc said:
One, in particular, was worn by the female owner of the carnival, and I can't remember her name. Thanks!

Ccc

Penguin Moore, played by Carole Landis. :)

Nashoba said:
Hey I watched that last night too :) The one on after that had some great dresses too....what was it called? something about 'my heart' Anyway, I loved the black dress with the crisscrossed lacing on it. Sadly alot of times I watch TCM not for the movie but for the fashions!

The second one was, There Goes My Heart, with Frederich March and Virginia Bruce. I watched three movies in a row on TCM last night. Those two and The Way We Live. All were Hal Roach productions and all were very funny. I like The Way We Live so much I ordered the DVD from TCM. It had me laughing even more than the first two.

Lee

Nashoba

One Too Many
That's Right!!! I knew it was something with heart :) I watched the same 3 moveis last night too. Although I fell asleep halfway through the last one. Great movies! I'm afraid to go browsing the TCM site...I'll spend too much

MrNewportCustom said:
Penguin Moore, played by Carole Landis. :)

The second one was, There Goes My Heart, with Frederich March and Virginia Bruce. I watched three movies in a row on TCM last night. Those two and The Way We Live. All were Hal Roach productions and all were very funny. I like The Way We Live so much I ordered the DVD from TCM. It had me laughing even more than the first two.

Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24