Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
www.chadwicks.com

I found some great stuff...
More for work.. but what do u girls think?

2156_73194_ma_0998.jpg

THere is something about this blouse that make me ohh and ahhh.. LOL

2142_73149_mm.jpg

I LOVE this dress... In Yellow!
2103_52771_ma_0998.jpg

I have this one.. and its soo cute on!
2113_66971_ma_0997.jpg

Everytime I look at thier website.. i go BROKE! LOL

texasgirl

One Too Many
Laura Chase said:
Oh wow, that one is really awesome too! Do you have any of their other clothing, is the quality good? The price is a bit steep but fair enough if the quality is good.

Love their other 20's-inspired dresses too! I might just go for one of these...

I have bought one thing from them. A 20s capelet. It was made very well and I had good customer service. The lady who owns it posted on here once and offered us a discount, but they quickly cut her off because she wasn't a paid vendor. Also, Leluxe has some great dresses too- here's the main site, but she's on ebay too. I haven't ordered from Leluxe.
http://www.leluxeclothing.com/servlet/StoreFront

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Just ordered these two cuties from Target:

418iEOOINKL._SS384_.jpg

41PGGW-JH9L._SS384_.jpg

I'm really loving the top blue dress. I hope it fits, Isaac Mizrahi dresses from Target tend to fit me weird sometimes.

Blondie

Practically Family
i LOVE Target, was in there today, saw some great fall sweaters, adorable Halloween pj's, cute argyle socks, Nick & Nora house shoes ,
and the 3 new makeup lines by Jemma Kidd, Napolean and Pixie.

Sunny

One Too Many
LelaViavonie said:
I found some great stuff...
More for work.. but what do u girls think?

2156_73194_ma_0998.jpg

THere is something about this blouse that make me ohh and ahhh.. LOL

2142_73149_mm.jpg

I LOVE this dress... In Yellow!
2103_52771_ma_0998.jpg

I have this one.. and its soo cute on!
2113_66971_ma_0997.jpg

Everytime I look at thier website.. i go BROKE! LOL
SO DO I! :D I love Chadwicks! They really have great things. That in particular is one amazing blouse. Did you see that it has a size zip? I haven't heard of that even in vintage!

LelaViavonie

Practically Family
Sunny said:
SO DO I! :D I love Chadwicks! They really have great things. That in particular is one amazing blouse. Did you see that it has a size zip? I haven't heard of that even in vintage!

Isnt that an amazing shirt... I already ordered it and cant wait to wear it!!
Wooohoo!

*ValleyGirl14*

New in Town
Charlotte Russe has some amazing vintage clothing, I have to say Charlotte Russe has become my favorite store.
LINK: http://www.charlotterusse.com/home/index.jsp

Alloy has a few vintage stuff, some things are kind of bland. But still there are some really awesome outfits at Alloy.
LINK: http://store.alloy.com/frontpage.do

Modcloth is really vintage, and is one of my favorite stores. Some outfits are a bit over priced but other than that the store is great if you're into vintage.
LINK: http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Dresses

LawnFlamingo

Familiar Face
Valleygirl...

"Vintage" when referring to clothing, means the garment was actually constructed in a certain time period before now (like the 30s, 40s, 50s or what have you). So when you say Alloy or Charlotte Russe has vintage stuff, that's not actually true.... it's just "vintage inspired" or "retro" or "reproduction" clothing.

Just keep that in mind and it'll be easier to navigate around in here and also it'll be less confusing when talking about things.

JupitersDarling

One of the Regulars
got $650 and AmEx?

the dress from Project Runway, reproduced by Diane von Furstenburg.
BTW, DvF's fall line is apparently based off a Marlene Dietrich film. Check out the runway show (click the link at bottom to "Foreign Affair" line). The coats/trenches are great! That funky tan cardi worn like a short straightjacket was baaaaad though. LOL

Hopefully some of these looks trickle down to the mass market.

Sharpsburg

One of the Regulars
That dress by Lea Anne was absolutely fabulous:eusa_clap . Vintage inspired has definitely been a theme in this year's crop on PR, esp. Kenley who is definitely a vintage gal! Lea Anne is the quiet, mousy one who may take the whole thing. That girl has got serious talent when it is needed.

Sharpsburg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
JupitersDarling said:
DVF_L.jpg

the dress from Project Runway, reproduced by Diane von Furstenburg.
BTW, DvF's fall line is apparently based off a Marlene Dietrich film. Check out the runway show (click the link at bottom to "Foreign Affair" line). The coats/trenches are great! That funky tan cardi worn like a short straightjacket was baaaaad though. LOL

Hopefully some of these looks trickle down to the mass market.

Oh man, that dress looks heavenly. Worth the money, I think. And the fall line is fab, the look 2 camel coat is amazing. And all the wide-leg pants, if they are high waisted. And what about the look 13 jacket and dress, the look 14 long chinese dress, look 23 beaded dress, look 28 colors, look 34 coat. But it's awful with all those belts on top of everything...

It actually looks like the lady-like fashion fad from fall 2005 is coming back again. It was probably in fashion 3 years before that. And so forth. Fashion just keeps going back to the classics.

positivelypinup

One of the Regulars
I liked a lot of the coats in her line, I just wish they werent so expensive.

What do you ladies think about the Stop Staring coat on daddyos? Do any of you have it and dislike it for some reason?

peggyjane

New in Town
Hi all New here-online reproduction vintage store

Hi i am new here, ia m interested int his thread becuase i am just starting my own label, whichis reproduction/vintage style clothes for ladies, mostly based on the 1940s and 1950s but a few other styles in there too. I love those eras so glam and elegant. My website is up and running but there is no items yet as they are just in production. The will not be mass produced and there is a couture range too. Please check out www.peggyjanesboutique.co.uk and keep checking for updates and opening.
also if any wants to see sketches and place an order then please do, with any orders that are placed before we open they will be the first items made. thnak you and let me know what you think to the site.
PJ xxx

Miss.Monroe

New in Town
BeBopBaby said:
Just ordered these two cuties from Target:

418iEOOINKL._SS384_.jpg

41PGGW-JH9L._SS384_.jpg

I'm really loving the top blue dress. I hope it fits, Isaac Mizrahi dresses from Target tend to fit me weird sometimes.

I loove those dresses! Great taste!:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot