Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage-Inspired clothing lines

Inky

One Too Many
The Bettie Page line has probably been reviewed here already and I just wanted to share that I have bought two of their dresses and I am really liking the new things they are coming out with.

I purchased the red heidi jumper and blouse to wear for our anniversary (10-31-09) and I recently purchases the Wendy dress.

These are comfortable and well made, I don't mind wearing them dancing because they are easy to care for and not irreplaceable if damaged. What I love the most is the 3/4 sleeve and armhole that fit my big upper arms. That's always a problem with me and vintage clothing, even if they fit in the bust and waist/hip, they are often too snug in the arms/armhole.

The drawback is that i may see it on someone else, but since I live in a virtual vintage void, there's not too much chance of that here.

4041377514_74f65ef3aa.jpg

4041385344_d32db4ab63.jpg

SayCici

Practically Family
Gosh I love jumpers so much. You look amazing when you are all dolled up in red, Inky! I like the first one as well.

Inky

One Too Many
SayCici said:
Gosh I love jumpers so much. You look amazing when you are all dolled up in red, Inky! I like the first one as well.

Thank you Cici! I hemmed and hawed over that jumper, thinking it might be too juvenile, but life is short and I say wear what makes you happy!

And red makes me happiest ;)

Inky

One Too Many
Fleur - that is a lovely dress and I think it would look great on you with your tiny waist! they certainly are coming around with some nice styles and separates. I'm interested in their blouses and the Big Daddy pants, but right now the pant's only come in olive and plum, neither of which are very wearable colors for me.

http://www.bettiepageclothing.com/products/dresses/all-seasons/?productid=253

Lollipop - i think so too and I should get plenty of wear out of that dress for a long time to come. when i get bored with white buttons I plant to change them out ;)

shepkatt

Familiar Face
Inky said:
Fleur -
Lollipop - i think so too and I should get plenty of wear out of that dress for a long time to come. when i get bored with white buttons I plant to change them out ;)

All of the pants I get from VofHolloway I change out those big white plastic buttons.. I think it gives the pants a more classic feel.. And that would be an awesome idea on that dress too!

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Lately I've been feeling more 60s than 40s (I've always been a 50s girl). This goes for hair, make-up, and last but not least pants. I haven't felt like wearing my FoP dungarees or my VoH trousers, I drown in them. I ordered a pair of black slacks from Bettie Page Clothing, and absolutely fell in love! So I ordered another pair in plaid as well.
I'm 5'4'' (163 cm) and they're a perfect length. The fabric is thick and perfect for colder weather (unlike my skimpy capris). The waist is high and the legs are cuffed. They have a front zipper that may not be period accurate, but I don't care. The front of the leg has a crease, I'm not sure why, maybe the cloth drapes better that way? It's the same kind as in the Saks ad I've included.

b1.jpg
b2.jpg

saksslacks.jpg

they make me feel like Sandra Dee in this pic:
SandraDeerutigabrallor-1.jpg

in black:
index.bvi

link to shop:
http://www.bettiepageclothing.com/products/SEPARATES/?productid=270&continueShoppingPage=%2Fproducts%2FSEPARATES%2F

bunny chan

Familiar Face
I bought the substitute pencil by Bettie Page Clothing and the catwalk skirt. Both are very nice, and I really like them.

substitutet.jpg

index.bvi

Arrived on sunday and I just try them on, but I'm going to wear the skirt tomorrow for a birthday party.

B.

bettydarling

One of the Regulars
I recently found a shop in Dublin (Retro,georges st arcade) that does Betty Page and Stop Staring, has anyone tried Stop Staring Clothing, the stuff looks gorgeous, just wondering how it fits/wears? I'm in love with this dress:

ashley-stop-staring.png

pin_up_pixie

New in Town
I just tried on a few Stop Staring dresses last weekend, and the quality seemed very nice. Good stitching and hems, nice heavy material. A lot like Bettie Page Clothing. Not cheap like some other brands. I don't know what size you are, but I'm a size 16 and a 40D and the XL was too small. Even if it fit in the hips, none of them would zip past the bust. It was sad, because I wanted them all!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Laura Chase said:
This new dress from Trashy Diva is lovely:

sweetieGREENMUMS1.JPG

Lauren, did you end up getting this? I've gone back to it now, sighing... Actually, the price is quite good. I'm just worried about the quality of the fabric. I will be going to New Orleans in June and will certainly ravage their store!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
cherry lips said:
Lately I've been feeling more 60s than 40s (I've always been a 50s girl). This goes for hair, make-up, and last but not least pants. I haven't felt like wearing my FoP dungarees or my VoH trousers, I drown in them. I ordered a pair of black slacks from Bettie Page Clothing, and absolutely fell in love! So I ordered another pair in plaid as well.
I'm 5'4'' (163 cm) and they're a perfect length. The fabric is thick and perfect for colder weather (unlike my skimpy capris). The waist is high and the legs are cuffed. They have a front zipper that may not be period accurate, but I don't care. The front of the leg has a crease, I'm not sure why, maybe the cloth drapes better that way? It's the same kind as in the Saks ad I've included.

Yeah but...$92? :(

jetgirl

One of the Regulars
Laura Chase said:
Lauren, did you end up getting this? I've gone back to it now, sighing... Actually, the price is quite good. I'm just worried about the quality of the fabric. I will be going to New Orleans in June and will certainly ravage their store!

I ended up buying this dress and I love it. I get so many compliments. I think the fabric is good, a very nice rayon. The fit and finishing is well done. Hope tis helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff