Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage inspired...

Grimstar

Familiar Face
I haven't been around for a week or so...been kinda busy around here, funny how a new addition to the family will do that... :p
Anyway, I thought I'd post a pic or two of one of the latest things to come out of my shop. Definitely vintage inspired, but a bit earlier than most of the vintage around here. Ladies and Gents, I give you...an 1890's waistcoat.

cjdetail2.jpg

A happy customer.

cjvest.jpg

It turned out so nice, I decided to do one for myself, also. Here it is, ready to have the basting picked out and the buttonholes put in.

myvest.jpg

Now all I need is a frock coat...and a deck of cards. lol

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
VERY nice work!! It reminds me of a vest I got for a prom one year, actually. The "vine" design is very elegant.

And congratulations on the new addition!!

:cheers1:

Grimstar

Familiar Face
Thanks for all the compliments :) The patterns for those were both custom drafts, the same as any custom work. I did take the lapel shape from another pattern that I had seen, and adapted it to my own. The two are slightly different as my friend wanted the standard swallowtail cutaway in the front, and the one I made for myself is cut square at the bottom. (Actually a slight curved shape, not a straight line)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael