Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Leather Jackets

I could be wrong but if my memory is still worth something, this is Terry's first LW, the Levi's Type 3 in a size 46...
dzQK91YiS1JtHNS3rYBoo0xmdN8D3A47h05ibb2gLs6kLebQj40Q49gSR2nldwkQifZvIMt8VcxFjoWur-hih7PwlQibyvSnsaNjPKRzeE4ZfmU2Vp1rZotiwNabHqtBG_9p17-XSRnyK09XE4vQcLZBpena4Jj-9MxQ1IBwQ0x2wFx-KS_mpWHfzRASNTJ9774xT6SdGycFLThAqxbvKt5HF-MAGexBPNS0sRPu9njQrStC1PrjLjvVzZ8YeJe0p-3AgUKhrLtKiBL_WMwR1VpURrGAFZ7ikVZvWVFQcOV2bnwqgBAuOtYb5fO7wyIJbUzSH479GtmLR-kv5_1Ss71V1doqP14oP_eKJMB0FB7qrSGgaFI5uogiPLL25Ak3IX2B6biHg0b_2hF8xk6UmlDgvumj7OCgUqJ35HZ_PXqY0WnI0Q0fRKL-3fv25VIWHaTew60cBWbm_rXGjSEKd1R8l9mFnEriL60FwMYGngAL0CzLlMVxOSHc26lzz0Grz4vZ0UPoe_xGPekW2F-mO6ws9KzQcYcKjfKLTjhQHfFbYFX_m15Nt4jr5Zu21D4M8Wl7tuOMGEmRo992dlyt6lo0buhQwydve9XbS-iqxLX_PiBVug=w982-h652-no

And this is the LW Lee we're talking about, size 42, Terry's second jacket...
BzDX3gi_pa7UNY88PrKCrLSAJAC52_PVoE4uCwQCURRJG21BkXVAPuE5NqhYqKrsXsh-9NXx9IGGAtZ0qOCL0hWoKMWt9zgaL8Pg5rs4ML9KKA9SMDAynmm67IskwCJ6aFR851vdvSFbxfcUPmoZ0G6_5H0a1Dsbx5RPkV7KwtD7uARFeO2FLNHMphYJD8Xqt6PQNuNqfX9ZuEJ3rbl4AfyNiMG4otOAvO2jVjgBOcJw2Fsdi0kXYA23rulybvtTyf_i5EAIW54ye1FqtqD0gdfAuuSDYrSp4yW0spdS_IUUIbgpczOW1eBZbaosUyLBV_qkpH-1Cyz1Y5BGhPSTMyLSldE-zWkfyklkUKw1djBChqdcg4Z09fXiE0MPGmmuQqNz6Hgt7JAtQSZDaRPz5_t8Wzv_DZAWiPEO5a3f88TwavFawXtxKceaVvNVxEqfKJW331KEsu8_Me1Hq6qiBLJHMGwHbE7nyB6ll1Eaki2o91hMTmA7FEfjObhtmw1x4Tc4LCPV_3ETHgFjQHcULjusftG0NzY32_kyXnDOPFuSQNOt6bNC66ye6xrOAAK7XkzhqD6ye9Lyy7tGi_N8GjvD8Jwe663yOb0TNbvP6k6kt-RQUw=w1159-h652-no

42 is the size I wear. :3

technovox

One Too Many
When it moves you will be first to know. I promise. It is an amazing jacket. Yes, the Lee style is more to my liking than the Levi. I've always worn Lee denim jackets.

The LW doesn't really fit me and I'm not really getting smaller!

I've only shipped out of the US through ebay. I need to go international from my home. Just don't like the extra work. You may be the first.
I also prefer the Lee style over the Levi...the rounded pockets and the fades on their early denim jackets are gorgeous.
If you're letting go of it, put me in line, if it doesn't fit Monitor or Jonesy. I'm size 42, and just down here in San Francisco, so easy shipping.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
No, the 42 wouldn't for work for me. But Hey, Oakland is closer to Illinois than San Francisco.

Same shipping cost and shipping hassle though. OH well.

Bloomington, Indiana isn't that far off from Illinois, too! Which is where the jacket would be going should it be me! :D

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
You boys are adorable. :D I wonder though whether the sleeves aren't too short for you @Monitor Terry is 5'9" and they surely shouldnt be any shorter on him and you strike me as a taller person, arent you?

technovox

One Too Many
You boys are adorable. :D I wonder though whether the sleeves aren't too short for you @Monitor Terry is 5'9" and they surely shouldnt be any shorter on him and you strike me as a taller person, arent you?
Yep. I've found that's always the deal breaker on trucker jackets- the sleeves tend to be short, or at least shorter than on cafe racers. And I have long arms.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I had to buy a denim jean jacket that was too big for me in order to get sleeves that were long enough.

I hate to poop on the party but...is TM even selling that one??
The 46" with the mouton collar is superb. Both are really cool but that snap on collar takes it to the next level.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
The saga continues. Will the 46" mouton go up? We shall see. Pretty cool jacket. Checked with LW on making a new jean jacket with buttons. He will do it for 20% above list price for standard jacket. That puts it at $1,302.
Not sure if that is Lee, of Levi. Maybe just LW. It is beast at "rugged 4.0 + horsehide.
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 6.57.49 PM.png

Carie has a cute blue one for sale right off the shelf at Thurston size 40 way too small for me:

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 7.11.05 PM.png

She said Aero has re-designed a new Type 3 that traditionally has snaps, but still might do buttons. Anyway way too rich for my blood at this point.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Wow!

The LW Levi style with collar is long gone. It was a size 46. In that picture I was 20-30 pounds heavier. Too big, too cool.

The other is a 42. I wear a 44. I can get it on but not quiet right. I squeeze into enough jackets. I'll work through the line here. This one is too nice to have sitting around. The leather is extraordinarily stiff, course, sorta like a board. Just the way a fresh Denim should feel. The 46 was not like this. My LW vest are like this. If you get the idea. One button popped so I put it in a pocket then lost it when I went to photo it. Yes, I'll look again tomorrow.

The jacket is currently being considered. If it remains I will post the pictures and mesurements.

I could hardly give the other one away and almost bought it back. Just too big. Stewart knows how to size a jacket. I need to learn that.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
arm length will be an issue as stated above. They measure short. When worn I feel it, but the jacket doesn't fit me. It should fit a regular 42. not a 44 like me. The sleeves ride up on me because I stretch it out.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
The saga of the 46 mouton comes to an end. It would have been too big for me anyway. It is like reading suspense/mystery novel.
Thanks Terry.

Ah, butt the 42 continues. Stay tuned.

Jonesy, did you see that Vanson Levi's model, size 44? From the sound of it, it'd be good for you and I guarantee it that these jackets cannot be out-matched. One I got is a perfection. It's so cool I'm this close to just buying another one but that'd literally knock me over the edge of sanity I'm currently balancing on. . .

lol since when are we buying jackets based on how they fit? I want a Lost World jacket!

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Jonesy, did you see that Vanson Levi's model, size 44? From the sound of it, it'd be good for you and I guarantee it that these jackets cannot be out-matched. One I got is a perfection. It's so cool I'm this close to just buying another one but that'd literally knock me over the edge of sanity I'm currently balancing on. . .

lol since when are we buying jackets based on how they fit? I want a Lost World jacket!

i feel you. Looking to score one myself at the moment!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up

Monitor I couldn't find the Vanson Levi model size 44 on their web page. Do you have a link. Thanks!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the link. I never think of checking the bay in the UK. Wonder how much it would cost to ship.
Length would be fine at 62cm, maybe just a tad short, the P to P would be pretty trim at 53cm, I have a 104cm chest, 47cm. measured from pit in length would be about right. I guess it is supposed to fit trim. Price is certainly right.
What is the maximum number of jackets you are allowed to buy in one week? This wold are 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21