Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Razors

cooncatbob

Practically Family
The Ultrex doesn't belong.
Here's my display with some dead end odd ball razors.
462089340_031d22a970.jpg

And this is the rotation, use a razor till the blade starts to fade then switch to a different razor blade combination.
420629544_8e04f03222.jpg

panamag8or

Practically Family
wldthistle said:
Razor number four, the injector... looks just like the one I use. Oh, and I highly recommend a tube of Musgo Real shaving cream. Good stuff.

-Greg

I have 2 of those injectors. They are good for the second shave of a two-shave day.

Edward

Bartender
Not used a Parker myself, though I've heard good thnigs about them. The place I bought my brush from (www.shavingshack.co.uk - great site, grat service - good prices for UK, though probably a little pricier than US equivalents in you're in the US) carries them, and I am tempted... Only thing that put me off is the lack of adjustability as I'm moving from a cartridge razor.... might not be a real issue, but that's what's in my mind. Maybe later on....

For now, I've just won a Gilette FatBoy on eBay which will be my first DE razor.

Edward

Bartender
cooncatbob said:
The Ultrex doesn't belong.
Here's my display with some dead end odd ball razors.
462089340_031d22a970.jpg

And this is the rotation, use a razor till the blade starts to fade then switch to a different razor blade combination.
420629544_8e04f03222.jpg

Bob, coming back to this thread and looking at your pictures again.... what's the story behind the one in the middle of top row, first photo - the big chunky on. Unusual shape... makes me thing of the Empire State Building.

Also intrigued by your display stands/hanging racks in the lower photo. Are those for sale somewhere, or are they a home-made design? Look great. Tempted by something similar myself...

Feraud

Bartender
Edward said:
Bob, coming back to this thread and looking at your pictures again.... what's the story behind the one in the middle of top row, first photo - the big chunky on. Unusual shape... makes me thing of the Empire State Building.
That looks like a wind up vibrating razor.
Whoever came up with the idea of putting a vibrating razor blade near a throat has a macabre sense of humor.

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Feraud said:
That looks like a wind up vibrating razor.
Whoever came up with the idea of putting a vibrating razor blade near a throat has a macabre sense of humor.

That's a Stahly Live Blade razor and it does wind up. It's quite heavy and difficult to shave with. But it is very well made and the head will screw onto any Gillette or Merkur 3 piece razor handle and then it is an excellent shaver.

Edward

Bartender
PADDY said:
Lying under dust in an old junk/antique shop near to me. Now has a loving home :D

Good looking razor! Are you planning to put it to use?

(Wouldn't it be great if we could get a FL event with a barber to train us all in the art of DE shaving?)

freebird

Practically Family
here are a few of mine, these are my go to blades.

DSC00036-1.jpg

Gold Gillette Diplomat from the 50's

razors-straight-sotd015-1.jpg

Top to bottom: Challenge Cutlery, Genco and Robeson ShurEdge

razors-straight-sotd016-1.jpg

Geo. Wostenholm & Son, IXL (top) and Barclay Bros.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy