Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Salt & Pepper Shakers!

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
I only have a handful; I don't need to collect anything more! :p

100_2502.jpg

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
scotrace said:
See the cocktail shaker thread. A search for those brought these so bumperooski.

Can I get you some more coffee, dear? ;)

I don't have time to read every thread and in fact have just finished packing my shakers for my impending move, Snookems. ;)

Enigma1947

Familiar Face
Here's a pair with a patent date of 1932!!

I picked these up at an antique mall a couple of years ago and have never used them because I am afraid of breaking them. I believe they are bakelite (at least the bottoms are, I think). Made by Bonny Ware U.S.A. I had been to this mall several times before and these were always sitting their under a pile of junk- literally! You know, those sellers that just pick up random things at goodwills and throw them in a space and call them "antiques"? Finally, after 3 or 4 times of eyeing these, I bought them for $32!
Lounge40.jpg

Lounge41.jpg

Lounge42.jpg

Lounge44.jpg

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Lovely salt & pepper shakers, however i don't think they're bakelite. These look to be made of a molded plastic (perhaps celluloid - hard to tell from pics alone). Bakelite was never molded. It was cast into it's shape and then the details/designs were carved into it by hand.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Enigma1947 said:
I picked these up at an antique mall a couple of years ago and have never used them because I am afraid of breaking them. I believe they are bakelite (at least the bottoms are, I think). Made by Bonny Ware U.S.A. I had been to this mall several times before and these were always sitting their under a pile of junk- literally! You know, those sellers that just pick up random things at goodwills and throw them in a space and call them "antiques"? Finally, after 3 or 4 times of eyeing these, I bought them for $32!
Lounge40.jpg

Lounge41.jpg

Lounge42.jpg

Lounge44.jpg
These are definitely may favorites in this thread so far! Classy!
I have a pair of 30s plastic ones too, and have used them for years, with no issues. Be gentle with them and keep them out of direct sun if they are Celluloid (it spontaneously combusts in sunlight if it gets too hot), and they should be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy