Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage shoes, RARE and size 10 1/2 - 11M 1940's-50's Masterpiece!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_249905__zps1315b919.jpg.html] [/URL]

These shoes have a history behind them in some ways. They were kept in a hot storage place before we purchased them, and had been in their original box since about one or two months of their life span. The heat took it's toll on them for most shoe lovers to think they could be conditioned enough to have new life. The first inspection was of concern. The leather was so dry and in such a shape, we thought it was bad news no matter what. But after a few weeks of some intense conditioning, everything was brought back to a fairly worthy level of being supple and having that "suede and calf leather" feel come bouncing back. That was more than a year or two ago. These have been kept in a area where it is cool, no elements or odors to get at them (we keep shoes and most real hats, fur, beaver) in the same large cool closet. These are so wearable now. Daniel has only worn them 2 times I think since he has had them. They need nothing at all. Could be rated at a 9 of 10 for being as old as they are and for what they have lived through. The dry part of their life did bring some surface crackle, that is shown in one of the pictures as you will see.

The soles are in super great condition, as the heels have only microscopic hint of any wear at all. These are also slight spade sole, mild spades are what they are. Not much to say as there is not but a handful of hours the shoes have been worn since new. You can note in the picture above, how they shine. Like a mirror. You can also see the really smooth and soft suede on the top apron area of the shoes, it is super creamy and a dark blue color. The darker black looking leather is really a deep blue that is hard to tell it is not black. Some of that is due to having two different colors in the cream and then paste wax used to shine them a bit.

The way these shoes are, the look and colors and being suede and being an older Jarman shoe, all added together makes these shoes as rare of rare of this style of shoe to get.

They are totally ready to wear. Clean and defunked with the Hospital Surface Disinfectant, washed, conditioned and pampered back to some fairly clean vintage shoes.[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_249904__zpse8086720.jpg.html] [/URL]

This is a great closeup of the surface issue found on only one shoe. The leather puckered up from being dry. Trust me, it is soft, and supple and will most likely never peel or crack all off as long as you do not wear these shoes while out hunting. Normal wear will more than not, ever produce any further of an issue. The leather is in some very supple condition. Very soft and smooth. Nothing further should happen at all. We have a few other old shoes that once brought back from Death's door, are still in the same condition and do not suffer an increase of any sort of damage over a several years time of wearing them.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
[URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_249906__zps0b5a1f24.jpg.html] [/URL][URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_249910__zps28c39b04.jpg.html] [/URL][URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_249912__zpse28daf01.jpg.html] [/URL][URL=http://s1140.photobucket.com/user/LoveMyHats2/media/3885797578_photobucket_249909__zps0523f27f.jpg.html] [/URL]

Of this set of pictures (first picture above), you see the side of the shoe with the leather surface "pucker" issues I have shown a strict close up of. This is the only area on the shoes as an issue at all...if you even want to call it an issue.

Blue suede shoes....(Elvis can envy now....).

Shipped any where Conus, these can be yours for $125.00 I should also make mention on shoes....these are marked a size 11M. They will fit most 11M and feel custom made as they are really comfortable shoes. They will be snug on anyone with a sort of canned ham size 11 foot. They will fit a size 10 1/2 like custom made comfortable.

They will also come with the shoe trees installed and some basic instructions for care of them to keep them nice looking as they are now. Note the fancy ends on the laces. The inside of these are in fantastic shape as well.

If you buy these and for some reason you want to not own them, or they are not fitting or for what your reason may be, if (IF) you have only worn them to see how they fit and walk around for an hour INSIDE your home, I will accept them returned as they are, in this condition and wear, without hesitation and refund you the purchase price if you return them in the same condition they are when you first try them on in your home. Please know I am wanting to be as fair as I can with you...and give you a deal on the price as well. Search around for something like these and even with some surface pucker, you won't find them. Some close, but not like these. These do not show much wear, and they need nothing at all.

Thanks for looking and let me know, I am sort of giving one Lounger first crack at these but after this evening, if I hear nothing from him, these are totally up for grabs.

Cindy

Last edited:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
If you could find any same model and make shoe for sale, you would more than likely pay double the price for what these are selling for....still here and looking for a sale!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Price dropped to a mere even "C" note...shipped any where in CONUS......(buy me are what these shoes say....).!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner