Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Shops in Italy?

gamez32

One of the Regulars
Does anyone know of any men's vintage shops in Florence or Rome? I'm in Venice right now and leaving for Florence tomorrow. I've done a fairly extensive search on the forum and didn't find much, so I thought I'd ask. Im interested in clothes from the 30s to mid 50s.

Thanks for any help. FYI Venice is a gorgeous city.
Tony

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Does anyone know of any men's vintage shops in Florence or Rome? I'm in Venice right now and leaving for Florence tomorrow. I've done a fairly extensive search on the forum and didn't find much, so I thought I'd ask. Im interested in clothes from the 30s to mid 50s.

Tony

I only had one day in Rome, and didn't come across anything while there, and we're just leaving now, but a quick search came up with some (slightly dated) info on shops:

http://www.eurocheapo.com/blog/rome-4-favorite-vintage-clothing-shops-in-rome.html

http://www.revealedrome.com/2011/01/rome-shopping-for-vintage-and-secondhand-clothes-shoes.html

Happy shopping, let us know what you find!

Sean

Mathematicus

A-List Customer
I live in Rome and I was born in Florence. Italian people are not quite into vintage like the members of this forum; most people that wear vintage are looking for pieces to put together in a bizarre and hipster (bad) taste. Don't expect anything before 1970s for men, simply people don't keep older things and are getting more and more consumistic: they buy ultra fashion cheap clothes and throw them away after some months. For women there might be some more chances.

Mathematicus

A-List Customer
Just remembered, there is a rather big vintage shop in Florence. It's called Melrose Vintage Store, and it's located near the central train station; they have also another shop near San Lorenzo.
Maybe they have something interesting.

kyboots

Practically Family

Tony
I asked this question a month ago and didnt get much of a response either. Just returned from Florence and Rome and Mathematicus is right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy