Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Silhouette torture test

indycop

I'll Lock Up
I got roped into doing a 5K this morning, (thanks Rusty:mad: ). When I ordered my first hat from Art I made the comment that it would be too nice to wear and he said " my hats are made to be worn".:D So I PM'd him a few days ago asking if he thought I would ruin a prefectly good custom by wearing in a 5K, sweating profusely and all that kind of stuff. Art said it would not hurt a thing so I wore my most loved hat "Remembrance"!
Well he was right it held up wonderfully and stood proud against the ball caps and tilly's that were present! Not once did it become too hot, and no sweat ran down into my eyes. As the matter of fact it did not leave my head until I got home where I wiped down the sweatband and it is now sitting in its box with the lid off so it can dry.:D I wonder if an Artlite has ever been in a half marathon?:rolleyes:

We always hear about the stuff folks have done in their Indy hats but what Adventures have your VS hats seen?

Before the 5k, that's my Father in Law in his Tilly;

5k.jpg

And after;

after.jpg

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Go Indy Go

Hi there,

So you did the half Marathon in Florida weather?
I need to go jogging as well!
Remember you look great in the Remembrance:eusa_clap
Since the VS hat has only its first months there is much more to come - it will take them with grace.

Tom

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
IC...you were the most stylish out there!...Great to know that those beauty's stand up to such extremes!...My Disney's sweat nearly bit the dust when I wore it out to the Ren Faire (more Fla. heat)...Congratulations!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap ...Now, did Art's hat make ya move faster as well?:D

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Good job, Indycop! Over the past several weeks I've really been giving my Artlite a lot of time out of the box with the same attitude in mind--wear that thing!

Ricbob

New in Town
Great post

This is a terrific post. I have wondered how much torture and abuse the Artlites would take.

OK, no more pampering mine- you have shown me the way!! :eusa_clap

Miss_Bella_Hell

Awesome! A new kind of anti-sweat-in-eyes device. And good job on the 5k. How was it? I really have to start entering some races, and 5k is a great short length to stat.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
HungaryTom said:
Hi there,

So you did the half Marathon in Florida weather?
I need to go jogging as well!
Remember you look great in the Remembrance:eusa_clap
Since the VS hat has only its first months there is much more to come - it will take them with grace.

Tom
The half Marathon is in October I am considering starting training for it since I would need to lose a lot of weight to be ready for it if I undertake something of that size!:D

Miss Bella it was not bad, I was ready to die until I saw the 2 mile mark then you kinda get it in your head to finish.lol

RicBob this one is not an Artlite so I was even more amazed that my cranium did not spontaneously combust! I have been amazed at how light this hat is but Art assures me it's dress weight. But if I really do attempt a half Marathon I would wear an Artlite if I get one before then.:D , one with some kinda Mercury winged feet pin !lol

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
IC...you were the most stylish out there!...Great to know that those beaty's stand up to such extremes!...My Disney's sweat nearly bit the dust when I wore it out to the Ren Faire (more Fla. heat)...Congratulations!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap ...Now did Art's hat make ya move faster as well?:D
Dee wouldn't let me get my picture with the Jaguar cheerleaders that were there:rolleyes: . A van pulled up blairing the Raiders theme too not at me though!lol

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
The first step is to get male runners to start wearing VS hats. The second step is to get them to stop wearing those short "peek-a-boo" shorts. Then I can open my eyes again!

Oh,and great looking hat from Art. As,usual.

BobC

IC, I'm glad to see this kind of test. I'm waiting for the right time to get my VS going with Art, ie when I have to cash to spare. Bob

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family
Contratulations, Indycop, on your successful 5K. Like wearing your hat running? Go Go Go!
I used to run marathons, and the idea never crossed my mind, but thinking about it, yes - in cold weather - that would be just fine, and I did it once:
in driving snow, my car slipped into the curb and blew TWO tires, some 20 km from home. So, I ran home, wearing my Borsalino (and sheepskin jacket -for safety- under the arm!). As it turned out, all the highways were snowed in, any many people had to spend the night in their car. I got home just fine. Couldn't do that nowadays, though...[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn