Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Silhouettes Custom Hats - Official Affiliate Thread

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

very nice color ... very much looking forward to getting down to details with Art

.... side note...

to post pics ...

on your computer ... just take the direct link from whatever site you use to host them and place them between this

39d12f037c6b626c48872907a04a337e.jpg

if you are on Tapatalk just hit the little photo icon and pic a photo

nidan48

New in Town
very nice color ... very much looking forward to getting down to details with Art

.... side note...

That doesn't look that hard. Maybe I comprehend paper better.

On a separate note I spoke to Art this morning.
He got to my place in the line.
So my parameters are snap brim fedora with enough height to offset my lack of height
in Black Cherry with a serious attitude, and other than that.... to create something from his imagination.

I do not know enough about hats or have enough sense of style to tell an artist what to make.
That first hat convinced me he is an artist. So I'm better off leaving it up to him.
(now that I have the secret to putting up images hopefully there will be an image instead of a link)

John

Donlope

New in Town
image.jpeg
Hi,

I am getting my two VS fedoras this week and have a question about shaping them. I assume that I will have to shape them upon arrival? Am I correct? I want the above shape.

bobkeenan

Familiar Face
If you ordered open crown it will need to be shaped. Art will do it for you while you wait, or help you do it.... or you can do it!

Donlope

New in Town
Hi, as the hats are being shipped I believe one will be unshaped the other will have crown done. I guess I will have to search these forums in order to see how to shape the fedoras.

Donlope

New in Town
Thank you very much. Looking forward to shaping new hats. A bit nervous as I've never done that before,but you have to start somewhere.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thank you very much. Looking forward to shaping new hats. A bit nervous as I've never done that before,but you have to start somewhere.
If you dont like your initial attempts you can always re-do the bash by steaming it back to open crown and starting over. Just be sure to not put any tight creases in the felt as they may leave a "ghost" of the original crease.

Steph

Familiar Face
Hey Art,

I've been looking into the Cork/Bowler/Derby world and I've seen your videos and everyone here raves about you, so you are the perfect person to ask.

You have that amazing plastic head shape thingy. Would it be possible to get just a hat block (just a few inches thick, not the whole crown) made in the shape of my head? Alternatively, I could buy a large hat stretcher, fit a piece of Romex to my head, trace it onto the stretcher, and then cut and sand it to the correct size?

I'm not trying to use it to stretch bowlers, as I've learned that's a stupid idea. However, given my long oval head, the ones I've tried on (not round, I don't even bother) would fit perfectly with a 1-2mm more front to back. It would be good to keep the hat shaped correctly when I am not wearing it.

Thoughts?

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
HI Steph, I do offer a band block in the shape of your head but it's only 1 1/4" thick. There is some shipping involved and I ask for a deposit to cover the conformer if it doesn't come back ( actually happens a few times a year) that is refunded less expenses once I finish. The last one I did like this ended up costing about $60 with shipping and all. Reach out to me privately & we can get started.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran