Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VINTAGE SKINNY WHIP BELTS

nightandthecity

Practically Family
I've been selling these skinny "croc" belts one at a time on evilbay over the last few months - I had around a dozen originally and I'm now down to the last two. I think they are probably 1960s/70s era but they look great with 1930s-50s trousers.

Before I list them I thought I'd offer them here at £3 for the pair plus postage. Both are used but good condition, one better than the other. Both will fit up to size 34" waist OK.

Gilt is mostly worn off the buckles which are now more a silver colour. Best one shows just light, normal use - the other has more wear and four rather rough home-made extra holes.

DSCN9514.jpg

DSCN9518.jpg

Here's a link to the last one I sold - the fine details re length and condition etc. won't be exactly the same, but it will give you a good general idea of what they are like.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=200084086105&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=010

Odd to find a dozen identical USED belts or what?! If they were unworn, then no surprise, just more DS shop stock...but the fact that they are the same but used is strange...must have come from some sort of institution, maybe a school or scouts or something?

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
I wouldn't quite call them whip, but they are definitely forties fifties in my opinion. I would say they should be snapped up to complete the vintage look. Even if you are the only one who notices, you will feel better in a vintage belt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner