Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Sleepwear

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
Nightgowns & Sleepwear

What do you girls wear to sleep? I have several vintage nightgowns and vintage pajamas and all have met there final fate in the bed. They either tear or rip at the seam and in the end its just not practical to wear to bed or around the house. I'm worried I'll mess the others and only wear it on special occasions. Do you girls have any practical solutions to any sleepwear thats perhaps still classic in style but not so fragile as the vintage ones? Thank you!

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
Odalisque said:

Thanks for the links! Not exactly what I'm looking for though. Perhaps pajamas that hold more of a vintage appeal like this. Perhaps made more sturdy or out of cotton.

Any suggestion on matching pairs of pajamas for male and female?

maryjane3.jpg

Not so much like this...
This I am avoiding.
lucy_p_jS013275.jpg

deco_darling

One of the Regulars
Inky said:

Thats wonderful, thank you! I've been to the website before but always forget about it.

Anymore suggestions would be great! So hard for me to find the right kind of sleepwear. I can be so selective.

Audrey Horne

Practically Family
deco_darling said:
Thats wonderful, thank you! I've been to the website before but always forget about it.

Anymore suggestions would be great! So hard for me to find the right kind of sleepwear. I can be so selective.
I've seen things similar to that in the men's section at Target. They're in packages, not hanging. Sometimes the women's section there has nice things too but I'm guessing this wouldn't be the right season to look.

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I bought this great pair of new old stock Hanes cotton pajamas today!

pajamas1.jpg

pajamas2.jpg

They are obviously for men, but I love grandpa style pjs. I only paid $6 for them, too!

I'm guessing these are 50's or 60's.

Normally I feel guilty if I wear new old stock and I keep it tucked away in my closet, but not these! And yes, I know, it's all meant to be worn. I'm working on that...

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I absolutely love these pajamas worn by Audrey Tautou in Coco Avant Chanel:

Coco-avant-Chanel-with-Audrey_5C382.jpg

I would love a similar pair - have been on the lookout but no joy as yet. I did however get a similar pair in black with tiny polka dots in Marks & Spencers - I love their pajamas and underwear - great colours and styles....

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Miss Golightly said:
I absolutely love these pajamas worn by Audrey Tautou in Coco Avant Chanel:

Coco-avant-Chanel-with-Audrey_5C382.jpg

I would love a similar pair - have been on the lookout but no joy as yet. I did however get a similar pair in black with tiny polka dots in Marks & Spencers - I love their pajamas and underwear - great colours and styles....

Have you tried La Senza, Miss Golightly? I've definitely scored some very vintage-y sleepwear there and I've seen very similar to Miss Tautou's there!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Miss Golightly, Tatou's pajamas are nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also would wear these ones, from around the late 1900s , socks and all :D they sure look comfy!
untitled-29.jpg

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
bunnyb.gal said:
Have you tried La Senza, Miss Golightly? I've definitely scored some very vintage-y sleepwear there and I've seen very similar to Miss Tautou's there!

I haven't been into La Senza in a long time - I must have a look the next time I'm in town - thanks for the tip! :)

HadleyH - I just love mens style pjs on ladies - warm yet chic!

D

Deleted member 12480

i have some awesome pjs from la senza, i'm wearing them right now, the button up shirt and matching bottoms in dark green tartan and they're so beautifully snuggly. Its that soft cottony fabric that some men's check shirts are made from and it makes you want to flee to bed to curl up in your warm snuggly jammies.

D

Deleted member 12480

i also have a fairly welcoming nightie from bhs that has been dubbed 'an owl' within my family. I think every female in my family owns one. Its particularly good for winter, warm soft fleece with long sleeves and a roo pocket. Whilst not particularly vintage, its comfortable as anything. Its also definitely one of those things you wear on your own or with close relatives!

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
LADIES VINTAGE NIGHTWEAR, show us yours

The gents on FL have their own thread for nightwear- so we gals need one!!

Please show us your VINTAGE nightwear:

nightgowns, peignor (sp?) sets, robes, dressing gowns and jim-jams (pyjamas) from the WWI, Art deco and Golden Eras. Approximately from the 19-teens through just after WWII. Please skip the modern style stuff as that's not what FL is about.

Let's try to keep those photographs as discreet as we can and not showing any naughty bits-- We know the FL gents might occasionally peek through the keyhole of the Powder Room door!

VINTAGE-INSPIRED looks are welcome as long as they are a good representation of what the real vintage was like back in the day.

Historical photographs, archival ads etc, and any discussions are of course also welcome. Looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany