Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Spade Sole Shoes

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Oh yes indeed! The Lone Ranger (in the "shoe-world")meets Fred Astaire! I can see that now..."excuse me kind sir, are those your latest foot attire"...."the ones with the 6 shooter holsters, large horse shoe taps, snap strap with rope for steer control".....? Yes I know....totally do-able. But may be awfully hard to tap dance in those.

http://www.bootmaker.com/bespoke.htm

This gentleman is amazing. Has a 2+ year waiting list as of right now. Unbelievable workmanship for boots and shoes.

channeled_insole.jpg

adelaide.jpg

for around $2000 a pair, a real bargain at this level.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
In all honesty, the price on what would be made by this bootmaker is very low compared to most. That in itself may account (only in part) for the long line up. The other part would have to be quality and craftsmanship. One may see many "common" traits within anyone making bespoke shoes ir boots currently, however, looking at the pictures of what is being done by this bootmaker, presents his own style of how he shapes things along the way of making the shoe or boot, very appealing work. This is why I desire so very much to take the courses in shoe making. To be able to "pimp out" a pair or two of shoes with the desired exotic leathers and in a style with all the traits and character (spades, two tone, sting ray, croc,wide welt viva la gunboat type shoe)....makes me want to pack and head for the classes right now!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
1930s Crosby Square Spades... still going strong....a nice Topyied sole helps to keep them that way.

Fantastic shoes...(more than likely my size as well)!!!! OH yes, and we all can thank you for the picture of them....you know....a "little leg" in the shot? lol WEEEEEEEEEEE haaaaw!!!!!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Personally, I think that socks which are too interesting can detract from the shoes.

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
how come the socks i see among the shoe aficionados are always so uninspired ?

come on gents, shoes such as yours deserve more interesting socks !!! ;)

has nothing to do with the shoes in this case. look at the PANTS! A very nice window pane style with quite a few different colors. A pair of wild socks would look lousy with them. Those blues pull straight off that thin blue stripe in the pants.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
who said WILD ? .... just something with a bit of interest. nearly every shoes-up-on-desk photo that has appeared in the shoe threads is sorely lacking in the sock department.

bland socks detract from good shoes just as much as vulgar, over the top socks.

oh, and thinner socks too please. you're not playing football or rugby.

that is all. :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart