Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Sunglasses

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
MadelienneBlack said:
Vintage 1960's Tortoise Shell sunglasses. Acquired from my mother's friend who was cleaning out her basement. "Who'd wanna wear those things?" she said. Oh, if only she knew.
Great shades, Madelienne! Your right about the demand for genuine tortoise shell. I ran across this vendor at my local Art Deco Festival. Nothing in tortoise shell for under $500.:(

Shoes240-1.jpg

Akubra Man

One of the Regulars
Miles Borocky said:
Black Ray-Ban Clubmasters are actually my second favorite pair. :) Found them for 2 bucks in a thrift shop.

I saw them priced at the Sunglass Hut for $239. This is the price in Canada in Canadian dollars. Still 2 bucks in any currency is a great deal. If only the knew what they could have gotten for them. Cheap mall kiosk homages are selling for $12. You have got to feel good about that purchase.

Jay

Practically Family
Wild Wild West sunglasses from Burger King, ca. 1999-
IMG_0486-1.jpg

Well, only for the picture. The rest of the day was tortoise-shell Wayfarers for me.

MadelienneBlack

One of the Regulars
Jay said:
Wild Wild West sunglasses from Burger King, ca. 1999-
IMG_0486-1.jpg

Well, only for the picture. The rest of the day was tortoise-shell Wayfarers for me.

I have those too! Well, had. Until someone stepped on them one day. Good lord, I loved those things. Good memories.

Trotsky

A-List Customer
Cheap Rayban wayfarers, knockoffs, actually. Funny thing is they fit near perfectly over my glasses. They look good with a fedora and serve their purpose quite well. So well I am reluctant to get different glasses for fear they will not fit anymore.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Brian Sheridan said:
Hot Hot Hot Hadley!
If I even added one consonant/vowel to your assessment I'd be branded a perv. [huh]

But to say Had is Hot has a somewhat trite ring.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Brain Sheridan thank you so much!!!!! :D
Tomasso lol thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diamondback thanks, and hey, nobody is laughing Down Under ... :)

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
In deferment to the good gentleman from Boston I will refrain from posting my original post. But since I've only worn Ray-Ban Wayfarers for the past 20 years, and did so today, I have to say that Hadley has made an excellent choice. As always.;)

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Anyway...back on topic...I am looking for a vintage style pair of sunglasses... I see a variety of older Raybans from B&L that are round. There are several varieties. Any recommendations? I don't want them to be so large that I look like a bug wearing them.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Hemingway Jones said:
OK, everyone, focus on the topic. Keep it sophisticated.
A thousand pardons. It would embarrass me if somehow my appreciation for Hadley was misconstrued. :)

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
Prescriptions

Is it possible to purchase vintage frames and have new lenses put into them? Will an optician do this? Hmmm...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn