Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vitruvian Man

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Well, wherever the waist may go, Vitruvian Man clearly needs a pair of pants.
BTW, EVERYBODY (especially Loungers) should read Vitrivius's book on architecture. It changes your whole way of looking at everything. Wonderful book.

Ishmael

Practically Family
Nice Fit HD. Had forgotten that the side adjusters are on the belt on Aero's HB.

And I don't want to hear any of these big gut excuses either! LoL.

100715-sumo-scandal-bcol-1agrid-4x2_zpsa5fd2963.jpg

Plumbline

One Too Many
so how does this reconcile with the fact that the belt of your jeans and the belt of your jacket define different sillouettes .... wouldn't this fly in the face of the ratios defined by the golden era clothing ????? Sort of like wearing low rise suit trousers with a hi waist suit jacket :D

I think that's possibly why so many of the chaps buying the vintage styled leather jackets tend to drift towards the vintage styled jeans (LVC, etc.) in the end.

As far as jacket backs go, I've never understood the utility of the adjustment straps on the hips, like Ishmael's jacket. I see lots of vintage ones like this too.[huh] Having these on the side panel at the level of the back belt, where they are usually found, is obvious - to accommodate more waist sizes in a given chest sized jacket, by cinching at the side panels to increase or decrease the waist measure, thereby reducing production costs. At the hip level, I'm not so sure of the functionality of the cinching.

IMG_4996_zps16115977.jpg

Ishmael

Practically Family
I can tell you that I haven't touched the adjusters. But also feel like I don't really need them on the belt either.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic