Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Waht hat it's better to use with long hair?

oswd

New in Town
Hello

I'm search a men hat what I can wear with long hair and informal clothes.
What model suggest I use?
Which color is better, lighter or darker?

Thanks and regards

PalmerPirate

New in Town
I'm interested to see where this goes- as I am a teenager who keeps his hair long enough to enjoy while he still has it- Personally, I always liked the way hair spills out the sides of a newsboy cap. I guess it depends on who the hair belongs to. For example: long haired women should wear womens hats. One thing's for sure; when my hair is long, I don't wear a fedora without putting my hair back.

Inusuit

A-List Customer
Welcome to the Lounge...

to both of you. To oswd, I posted in another thread that I'm old enough not to care what other people think of what I'm wearing. I wear thin ribbon Open Road-style hats or western hats with whatever I put on in the morning. I find a light grey or silverbelly hat to be the most versitile because those colors go with about anything. In my opinion, the length of your hair doesn't matter. Get the hat that appeals to you and wear it with pride. Light colored hats soil more easily, but I like them anyway.

duggap

Banned
oswd said:
Hello

I'm search a men hat what I can wear with long hair and informal clothes.
What model suggest I use?
Which color is better, lighter or darker?

Thanks and regards
OSWD, I don't believe there is a hard and fast rule. You just have to try and find a place where you can try hats on. Then you can decide which looks the best on you. Some folks like the stingy brim (2" or under) while others like the regular size brim (about 2 and 1/2"). If you can't find a store then it becomes a hit and miss deal. Good luck.:p

PalmerPirate

New in Town
Come to think of it- informal clothes are just that- informal. [huh] So I guess one should wear what is comfortable. Then again, I always love being the only guy in the supermarket with a nice lid and jeans with no holes. What do I know, I'm a noobie to this forum.

Barrelhouse

One of the Regulars
I think Duggap hit the nail on the head on this one. Find the hat style that looks best on you and wear it. I don't think length of hair has too much to do with anything other than: a) how it may change the perceived shape of your face and b) the dreaded "hat head" when you take it off inside. Also, don't discount caps. A newsboy or beret can really spruce up a casual look.

Happy hunting; finding the perfect hat is half the fun of wearing a hat.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
I wear my Fedora with long hair (granted it's an el'cheapo spencers bit, but I like it and look good in it) Well, as long as my hair is at the min, inch below the top of my shoulders. It works fine, I usually pull it over my ears with the hair tucked behind my ears, often I'll do a low pony tail at the base of my neck.I usually tuck the bangs up in it too.

The only thing that drives me crazy is when it's not in a pony and I need to take the hat off. Instant hat ring. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy