Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Waistcoat Pockets: Without Purpose?

adamjaskie

One of the Regulars
Matt Deckard said:
I'm also a stickler for dress shirts with pockets. Everytime I wear one that doesn't have a pocket I'm at a loss for where to put my cell phone.. i don't want to stick it in my jacket because it changes the drape so i go for the shirt or vest pocket.

Same here. Plus, if I have it in my jacket pocket half the time I don't feel it vibrate (I never have it on ring in public). In my shirt pocket it's no problem.

Wooster

New in Town
Starius said:
I actually prefer dress shirts without pockets, but I can never find any without.

I have found that they can easily be removed from a standard dress shirt, simply by opening the seam (there are special tools for that). Then wash it, and it's like there never was a pocket.

(I don't like the shirt pocket either, looks a bit scruffy to me somehow.)

I got this advise from a dress shirt salesman who sold me a quality shirt, but it had the makers logo embroided on the pocket. (I hate to feel like some company's Bill Board)

JimInSoCalif

One of the Regulars
The last three suits that I had made were with four pocket vests. Unlike a lot of folks here, I don't keep much in them besides a pocket watch, but the garment looks unfinished without the pockets to me.

Cheers, Jim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21