Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Want to Buy: WWII era Elgin, Bulova, etc.

Ok, figured I'd put it out there...
I'm looking for a WW2 era watch to put on my Native American tips.
I really like the ones with the sub-dial at 6 o'clock for the seconds.
I prefer a black dial, but I'm open to white.
It doesn't need to be pristine, but it does need to run (accurately preferred). A few scuffs are fine.
I guess even a 50s-70s era watch might work...
Here's what I have in mind:
690zKy9.png

Here are my tips:
INaVvcH.png

lug size is aaprox.17mm

Let's see what you got!
Thanks for your help,
Handymike

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Hi
the bay is full of them...working and non-working.
Guess it´s also depending on your Budget.
Prices are ranging from 120 to 400+++ US$, sure again depending on it´s condition and model.
Good hunting.

Yeah, I know...but I don't really trust random eBayers with watches. Too many "restored" ones or "works" but doesn't.
I prefer to ask my friends 'round here.
Thanks though ;)

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Thx for the friends.
From the watchmaker point of view (not mine but from several professional WM´s) a 70+++ year old mechanical watch has been restored or reburbished if it still works...especially military watches, since A) not the highest grade and quality but "mass production" hence "disposable" B) banged around in Action...as supposed to be, since its just a Military watch.
If I should need a working one, I would put my full trust in a professional military watch dealer , it costs me a bit more, but at the end of the day, we are all satisfied.
" You only deserve what you pay for"

Last edited:

jon s

New in Town
I've got a really nice Waltham Ordnance Dept. (early post WW2) that is almost a twin to the Elgin you have pictured. It runs but would need service oiling. I'd let it go for $120 and can provide pics if you're interested. Comes with a NOS Khaki band (which won't be of any use to you, though it is a cool band.

Cheers,
Jon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy