Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

War & Peace 2012 Anyone going?

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
As the title says, anyone in England going? Or how about you continentals or world wide visitors.
I'm going tomorrow morning so look out for the guy in combats and a WWII A2 and give us a wave.
Johnny

Warden

One Too Many
Never been but I really should go once in my life. Saying I have not been to the War & Peace show is rather like saying I have never seen Star Wars.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Named War & Peace, it's mainly war themed throughout the 20th Century but their are lots more civilian clothing stalls appearing every year. And you can buy almost anything from a deactivated machine gun to a replica of Hitlers dinner service as used in the Berlin bunker. I once saw the resin model used in Shaving Ryans Privates where the soldier had his legs blown off for sale.
This year it is a bit muddy but hey! This is how it was, though you can guess there are a few who won't get there restored Jeeps dirty.
Garry Eastman has more jackets for sale than you can shake an B17 at, and quite a few veterans of all campaigns get there showing their medals and telling how it really was from WWII, Northern Ireland, Vietnam etc right up to the present day conflicts.
Expensive at £19 per person but there is lots to see.
Oh yes, I haven't seen Star Wars either, well not all the way through, but I did see a Darth Vadar helmet for sale.
J

StraightEight

One of the Regulars
I went this year for the first time. The weather dampened the attendance but it was still quite impressive.
DSC_3394.jpg

DSC_3425.jpg

DSC_3444.jpg

DSC_3648.jpg

DSC_3800.jpg

DSC_3837.jpg

DSC_3419.jpg

DSC_3406.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member