Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wartime coupons, anyone have any info on these?

GearHead

One of the Regulars
I was just going through some of my grandfathers stuff I had shoved in a closet a few years ago and forgotten about.
In one nice small cedar box there are hundreds upon hundreds of these cigarrette coupns. Some are dated around 1938 some are not. They all have experation dates though ranging from 1948 to 1960.
Anyone have any background info on these?

In another wooden cigar type box marked Yale Club of New York on top I found a nice but broken pair of glasses. Not sure what year but they look pre-50. I'll post some pics in another thread when I get take some.
As well as a bunch of his union work cards from when he did electrical and plumbing.
There was also a small paper card with his orders on where to report for service when he signed up in the Merchant Marines during WWII with some buttons and badges from his uniform.

I had forgotten about this stuff until I was looking through the closet for something else and came upon these again.

Erick

GearHead

One of the Regulars
Oopps. I ment to post this photo with the post.

coupon.jpg

Erick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner