Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wearing a light colored dress for a night out.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hi ladies,

Just wondering, how would you do this? Or if you would do this. I have a powder pink dress, lovely thing, nothing special, pertty plain, (made it from a day dress design) that could be dressed up or down. I just feel its too light for a night on the town. Its not a formal gown, and maybe thats why. If you say yes, how would you wear it?

Thanks ladies,

LD

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Where are you planning on going? If it's not somewhere extremely fancy, I'm sure with the right shoes and accessories it will look just darling. Nice jewelry can dress anything up, I feel.

I don't often go out anywhere nice at night, so I'm pretty clueless on the dress code surrounding those things. All I pretty much own are light colored dresses anyway, so I wouldn't have much of a choice! I think it all comes down to how you put the outfit together.

I think it'll work out just fine, and chances are you'll look way better than 95% of the people around you!

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
It is spring! I think you can wear light colors in the evening. Of course, I am a home body, and I haven't been "out" in years! lol

If you think it is too light, you could wear brown shoes and carry a brown hand bag. Do you have a darker colored scarf that would go well, to ground the outfit a bit? I would wear white, but then again, I don't care much about what is standard ;)

So, ummm, yeah. I am going to let some of the ladies with a bit more of a grasp on etiquette give you advice ;)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Rhinestone jewelry always perks up simple dresses. :) Perhaps a rhinestone brooch somewhere on the dress? I like to wear brooches on my hip or on my cleavage point. Or maybe just add a simple wrap?

Viola

Call Me a Cab
I think I would glam it a bit with accessories. You could do black, or you could do a shimmery silver for a very spring look. With silver open-toed sandals and a cute clutch purse (or a wrap, if you can manage wraps more graciously than I can) that pink dress will look airily light-and-elegant.

-Viola

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Im just going to dinner with some friends, nothing special, but I seem to have a phobia of light dresses. I dont think they work too well with my skin tone.

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

LD

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
If your dress is simple, I'd glam it up with a sparkly purse and shoes, to give it more 'bling' a wrap or pretty jacket is handy in case it gets cold.
Some sparkly jewellry, or a fancy hair do and flower would also dress up a simple dress.

Anyway, I hope you have fun:)

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
You could pull it off!
A flower in your hair, silver/rhinestone or gold shoes & jewelry... I myself love pastels at night in the Summer. It is unexpected and refreshing.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I personally think a light coloured dress could compliment you... If you are not sure you can still post a pic here and we tell you what we think :D

I´m scared of light colours myself, but I work on overcoming this ;)

Esther May

New in Town
I think it would be just fine wearing a light colored dress at night. Simply accessorize with rhintestones like Lolita said and a shawl if it'll get chilly where you go. Maybe a pair of gloves and a flower in your hair will also give the dress a "dressier" appearance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael