Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weight loss / gain and hat size

Classified00

Familiar Face
Howdy,

Is there a magic formula that shows a relationship between hat size and weight loss / gain? For example, if you lose / gain X amount of weight, then you increase / decrease one hat size. [huh]

I ask because I'm taking off a few (read many) pounds and I'm wondering what effect it will have on my hat size.

Thanks,
;)

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Generally should not be reflected in a hat size change, other than if you really lose/gain a very large amount and have fat accumulate on your head. A very small change however can be felt, and this leads to some exageration.

Dewhurst

Practically Family
Classified00 said:
For example, if you lose / gain X amount of weight, then you increase / decrease one hat size. [huh]

No, there is no "magic" formula. :) Your overall body fat percentage can and for many people does affect a hat size. But not everyone. The most important thing is how your body retains weight.

I have lost 84 pounds in the last 15 months, and my hat size has not changed one millimeter!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass