Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Boot Thread.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I thought I would start a Wesco only thread, any model you like. I got some engineers, then saw a Whites semi dress thread, a work boot thread etc. not sure where to put my other pair, so I thought, a Wesco thread for all things Wesco related might be an easy thread research.
Anyway, got these in the post on Thursday, bought through Bakers, about 17 weeks. Was getting very antsy indeed waiting.
Wesco jobmaster/packer hybrid. I saw them on Wesco Facebook, and just asked them to replicate them.
Size 13EE,domain brown, single midsole, mini lug half sole, kiltys,brogue toe cap. I wanted vibram 430, but they don't do them in my width.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Wesco Boss Custom
Domain brown,double mid,2"extended instep,vintage gold chrome buckles from a dude in Japan,vibram mini lug,MP toe. Last was changed at the last minute, again due to sizing, not sure if I like the heel, these might be for sale if I can't organise a resolution with bakers/wesco. They are lovely, just different to my vision...anyway 13EE.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Great collection. I like that harness and ring, looks great. The nicks are also impressive, how old are they? They look fantastic.

Enough

One of the Regulars
Thank you. The harness WESCOs and Nicks are about 2 years old, the WESCO MP 3 months. The MPs are nice without any hardware around the ankle area, that lets my straight leg jeans ride down to the heel.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Very cool. I'm flirting with the idea of getting some lace to toe jobmasters, they look great and seem very functional. How far up your leg does the 16" boss go? I was thinking about ordering mine in 9". I wad suprised how easy and comfy the 11". The 16" would blow my mind!

wdw

One Too Many
Bunyip, I feel your pain for what you've gone through after all that time.

The 16" comes to just below my knee and they feel great. I like them a lot. The 11" never excited me, but the 16" just seemed irresistible. I got them from stock from www.boot.com for I think $515 delivered in the US.

The Jobmasters also feel great. Really solid and only $404, so only £250, which is a great price for something so substantial. I actually prefer these to the Boss.

kyboots

Practically Family
Great idea guys as we talk a lot about Wescos but I have to ask Enough about those burgandy Nicks boots. Tell me more about those and the soles, height etc. I only have one black pair of Wescos 13D engineers right now as I sold my Wesco harness boots and my Wesco 14 iinch brown engineers and want to order a new pair of burgandy/brown engineers. I was going to get another pair of Wescos but want to hear a little about those Nicks before I do. WDW what is the height on those jobmasters they look good. thanks

Last edited:

Enough

One of the Regulars
The Nicks boots I purchased from an individual on eBay. The eBay seller supplied the Burgundy Horween CXL to Nick. Nick then made the boots from the supplied hide. They are 12 inch tall shafts, double midsoles, extra length straps. no celastic toe and a Vibram composition modified half sole (the front sole doesn't extend under the heel). The poor seller was heart broken because they were too small for him.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
God bless ebay. That is the sort of bargain it's there for......few and far between these days. Great score.

kyboots

Practically Family
The Nicks boots I purchased from an individual on eBay. The eBay seller supplied the Burgundy Horween CXL to Nick. Nick then made the boots from the supplied hide. They are 12 inch tall shafts, double midsoles, extra length straps. no celastic toe and a Vibram composition modified half sole (the front sole doesn't extend under the heel). The poor seller was heart broken because they were too small for him.

OMG what a buy! I love those and right height for me too.

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Two pair of my WESCOs and one pair of Nicks. Black boss with mp toe straps and rings, black custom mp red liner, and non-Wesco Nicks Boots Burgundy Horween CXL tan lining.

Enough,

Those Nicks Engineers look fantastic. I had a pair of their lace up boots a while back, but sold them because of sizing issues (I need to go a full size down in Nicks apparently). They also seemed just a bit more rough than my Whites and Wescos. How do they compare to your Wesco boots? How thick is the Chromexcel compared to the leather on your Wescos?

Enough

One of the Regulars
Thanks jimmer,
My Nicks are a size 8 where I wear a size 9 in Wesco and 8.5 in Whites. The Chromexel on the Nicks has two years of wear on it and it is truly sublime. It is developing grain like horsehide and is thicker than Wesco leather. To be fair the Horween CXL on the Nicks was provided by the original owner to Nick so I can't comment on how Nicks regular shop leather compares to Wesco. The shanks of the motor patrol Wescos is also very thick like the Nicks CXL and is developing grain. I think Wesco might use thicker leather on the MP shaft to keep it from sagging. The construction, stitching, finish of the Nicks is the same as Whites and Wescos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21