Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wesco Boot Thread.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Very cool Dav. Nowhere in Australia sells this sort of stuff, so it's mail order and cross your fingers and toes stuff...what are the specs on thos wescos?

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
On a bit of a tangent, has anyone had any luck stretching the width of a wesco boot? I have an option on a nice pair that I quite like, but they are not quite as wide I need. The length is fine, just wondering how effective width stretching is? Thanks for any help

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Great stuff. They do have some nice kit there. Size 48 seems non existant, probably for the best( financially)..

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Does anyone own a pair of burlap smooth in wesco? I need to know if it stains easily, or at least some with some decent patina. I've got a couple of days before my order is made, so I need to confirm everything as soon as possible.
Thanks for any help.
Cheers

jimmer_5

Practically Family
I have a sample swatch. I will have to take photo. It's a dry natural colored leather. Personally, I think it will stain easily. I was quite impressed with the "domain brown" and "domain burgundy" colors.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I was supposed to get a few samples with my boots by they forgot. I've been fascinated with the burlap for some time....I will probably go with burgundy domain, was also considering domain brown rough out. I've got a couple of days to decide which way to go, and it's driving me nuts. This is for the replacement pair of Boss. I'm more than likely keeping the ones I've got as I haven't had any luck selling them. I really thought they would have gone by now.

aball

New in Town
I'm not sure it matters to Bunyip now, but perhaps it will for others. Below is a picture of my Wesco Burlap Boss with smooth side out, black leather lining, and 1 heel lift. I've been wearing them for about 3 years. The leather pulls-up very easily, but I like it that way.
Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 8.29.26 PM.jpg

Last edited:

eClairvaux

One of the Regulars
Burlap Rough-out Wesco Engineer with double shift patches, three straps.
when new:
ce891332-d381-471c-93f5-104ad275a695_zpsg7rnaozg.jpg

after some wear:
697b8ebe-08ab-495a-8b07-bffad8a67ffb_zpswwftfj7u.jpg

I've also got some 16" black engineer boots with a Vibram 100 sole I wear for riding and prefer to modern day alternatives (like my Daytona GTX boots)

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I'm not sure it matters to Bunyip now, but perhaps it will for others. Below is a picture of my Wesco Burlap Boss with smooth side out, black leather lining, and 1 heel lift. I've been wearing them for about 3 years. The leather pulls-up very easily, but I like it that way.
View attachment 34262

They are outstanding! I love them.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
For what it's worth, I was cleaning out the garage for the better part of the last couple of weeks & I came across a pair of black Wesco boots that my old man had given me a decade and a half ago. Back then they were every bit of 30 years old. I took off the laces, saddle soaped them & while they were wet I put a pair of Allen Edmonds boot trees in them to try & get some of the toe curl out. After they were dry I went over them twice with leather lotion & added a pair of Red Wing sole inserts that I also found. Suprisingly, they still fit. They now have a place in my closet between my Batman Begins boots & my brown Corcoran jump boots.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
I just got the Wesco Romeo in blue leather and armortred sole this is a custom fit like my Boss so it fits perfectly!

I couldn't be happier with these slip on

2030a070849f03b787613c0cb072dee9.jpg

17e2cacee6becb0d6dcaa16a015bfbdc.jpg

Edit: a better shot of me wearing the Romeo
4bd857ad3371a338b2ba40a06534e2dd.jpg

Last edited:

RJR

For what it's worth, I was cleaning out the garage for the better part of the last couple of weeks & I came across a pair of black Wesco boots that my old man had given me a decade and a half ago. Back then they were every bit of 30 years old. I took off the laces, saddle soaped them & while they were wet I put a pair of Allen Edmonds boot trees in them to try & get some of the toe curl out. After they were dry I went over them twice with leather lotion & added a pair of Red Wing sole inserts that I also found. Suprisingly, they still fit. They now have a place in my closet between my Batman Begins boots & my brown Corcoran jump boots.
That's a great story and nice save.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy