Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wested's Goatskin

galopede

One of the Regulars
Just checked my assorted jackets, leather and otherwise and most have the slider on the left except for the Aero! Even my Drizabone is on the left... Must be the British way as mentioned. Always feel wrong on the right!

Gareth

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
The other-side zipper pull is a European thing, and the original Indy film jackets zipped that way... so Westeds are more screen-accurate than other versions. The Wested blouson I recently got my son also has it, which threw him a bit at first.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Here are some pics. The one of me in the mirror, well, I couldn't get any closer than that and still have light on the jacket. Anyway you can tell something of the fit -- which is great; it doesn't restrict my arm movement at all when I'm driving, for example, and I can wear a thin sweater under it. Not sure about a thicker sweater yet, though.
Jacket_Front.jpg Jacket_Back.jpg
Jacket_Mirror_Crop01.jpg

Last edited:

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice jacket! I was pleasantly surprised with my Wested jacket too, light but tough & comfortable goat :) Expect I'll use them again in the future too...

regius

And I got lucky that the weather this weekend was cool enough actually to wear the jacket! Woo-hoo!
how would you describe the surface texture (hand) of their goatskin? I have a feeling it's sourced from Pakistan, which for me means very tough and has a plasticy coating. My dirt cheap A10 glove from US Authentic is made from a "boring" pakistanian goatskin, and it has stood all abuse you can imagine, abrasion, salt, snow, heat, sand!

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
how would you describe the surface texture (hand) of their goatskin? I have a feeling it's sourced from Pakistan, which for me means very tough and has a plasticy coating. My dirt cheap A10 glove from US Authentic is made from a "boring" pakistanian goatskin, and it has stood all abuse you can imagine, abrasion, salt, snow, heat, sand!
Nice to see someone recognize that practicality/utility has value!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
It's very smooth. To me the word "plasticky" suggests "cheap," and this jacket certainly does not feel cheap. It's quite flexible and comfortable.

Marv

A-List Customer
anybody have a wested indy hero jacket in their shrunken lamb, I have an older raiders in predistressed cow, well made but not very screen accurate and was thinking of maybe upgrading to the hero model at some point

regius

A question about shrunken lamb here. Schott still offers the "vintage" lamb for their heavily patched G1 jackets. It is indeed a luxurious thick and cozy leather, but some people say it's not the most durable and eventually will disintegrate. I..e once it starts tearing it'll just self destruct. I experienced that with an 80s Schott. Otherwise, it is a very nice leather, i.e. IF you don't distress it much. Maybe the "shrunken" lamskin is different? On the same note, the US Wings vintage lambskin Indy is what i'm talking about, the same hide as Schott's mall G1.

tropicalbob

Why did I have to see this? They have a Snake Plisskin jacket in cowhide for $230.00, and I'm fresh out of excuses with my wife. I have to think about this. Bi-swing back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner