Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

RJR

Here are some photos from a photo shoot we did recreating the Gunfight at the OK Corral. We filmed it on the same spot where it was filmed for the movie "Tombstone" and even had Peter Sherayko (Texas Jack in the movie), as well as some other actors from the film in it. You can see some of the hats I made for it, including the one Peter is wearing. Photos courtesy of Bill Bellah, and Guy Atchley. View attachment 57760 View attachment 57761 View attachment 57762 View attachment 57763 View attachment 57764 View attachment 57766 View attachment 57765
Great pics,thanks.

Nice piteado hat band!

344sj14.jpg

2ibhnbd.jpg

2vsgr3l.jpg

Bigger Don

Practically Family
As BB said, it's definitely a dying art. Very time consuming & the thread is no longer made from strands of dried cactus. Somewhere back in the pages of the cowboy boot thread is a pair of piteado boots I own.
Found them! They're gorgeous. I can't wear boots unless they lace up (real high instep) but I do appreciate beauty and craftsmanship.

frussell

One Too Many
As BB said, it's definitely a dying art. Very time consuming & the thread is no longer made from strands of dried cactus. Somewhere back in the pages of the cowboy boot thread is a pair of piteado boots I own.

My grandfather was a big fan and collector of this stuff. He had tons of belts, hatbands, and one very intricate charro saddle. I've got a few pieces myself. He was a huge Mexican horse-culture fan, and taught us all to appreciate the history and artistry of charro culture. He introduced hundreds of gringos to Mexican trick roping and horse tack, of which he had a well-regarded historical collection going back to colonial Mexico. Nice to see it here. It has definitely gotten harder to find the "real" thread stuff anymore, lots of cotton, nylon, and poly out there. Only the authentic stuff ages beautifully. Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21