Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I picked up this 5X Stetson several weeks ago. I like the cattleman crease fine with the shallow mule kicks front and back, the upturned sides.... but I just couldn't get used to the front brim. So I hit it with LOTS of steam to get that shellacked brim to let go a bit, and formed it down in front a bit. I like it better.

i-7X5nkDN-M.jpg
i-5dBMg3f-M.jpg

i-6dm5DSx-M.jpg
i-DfzwcBK-M.jpg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I picked up this 5X Stetson several weeks ago. I like the cattleman crease fine with the shallow mule kicks front and back, the upturned sides.... but I just couldn't get used to the front brim. So I hit it with LOTS of steam to get that shellacked brim to let go a bit, and formed it down in front a bit. I like it better.

i-7X5nkDN-M.jpg
i-5dBMg3f-M.jpg

i-6dm5DSx-M.jpg
i-DfzwcBK-M.jpg

That is very nice! I think the brim is perfect. The color is a nice shade of silver belly, it doesn't even make your beard glow

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

KarlCrow

One Too Many

i-7X5nkDN-M.jpg
i-5dBMg3f-M.jpg

i-6dm5DSx-M.jpg
i-DfzwcBK-M.jpg

That's boss

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
That is very nice! I think the brim is perfect. The color is a nice shade of silver belly, it doesn't even make your beard glow

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks! My beard has been glowing a lot lately! True story.

FYI for anyone wanting to change the crease on a real stiff brim. Don't force it. You could literally crack the felt. Keep applying hot steam and it will eventually let go so you can mold it the way you want. Keep steam away from the sweatband, too. This was a major piece of work as far as steam and the crease goes. I wish the brim on this was as malleable as the crown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21