Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

TomC

New in Town
I can never tell if this is a western (cavalry) with a narrow brim or a fedora with a wide brim. Either way, it seems to fit the winter sunshine up here on the mountain. IMG_0072.jpg

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
I'm considering this hat (below) but I don't like the rattlesnake band. The hat is priced at a premium due to the band that I would change out as soon as I received it. Do you you think there is a market for the band? If I could recoup some of the sale price by selling the band the hat becomes a possibility, whereas now it isn't a good value for me. I see similar bands for sale on eBay, but this would be used and I have no idea if it's value.

a5111f409d65116d0403cdcde934ede2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not big on the snakeskin band either, but that is a nice hat.

TomC

New in Town
Tom, is this a Mallory, a Mallory by Stetson, Stetson or something else? 3" brim? It's probably the camera lens angle but the brim looks like it could be dimensional? How do you like it?
It's definitely a Stetson. I bought it on eBay, and it had no further description. It is a 3 3/8" brim, not dimensional. The hatband indicates it is a 7x Clear Beaver Quality, and it is a 7 1/2 long oval. By feel, it has a fair beaver content. Fit an.d finish is very good, but I am new at this game. I like it. It fits, and it feels good on my head.

It's definitely a Stetson. I bought it on eBay, and it had no further description. It is a 3 3/8" brim, not dimensional. The hatband indicates it is a 7x Clear Beaver Quality, and it is a 7 1/2 long oval. By feel, it has a fair beaver content. Fit an.d finish is very good, but I am new at this game. I like it. It fits, and it feels good on my head.
A Stetson 7XCB is a very nice hat! Watch the threads & you will see other 7XCB's held in high regard by other Loungers.

Welcome to the forum!

AlexTheApache

Familiar Face
Have a few questions about this stetson I want to purchase:
What’s a fair price to pay?
And how easy is it to uncurl a brim? Would I have to take it to a hat shop or would I be able to jiffy steam and iron it out?
I don’t mind a curl in the back but I would want to flatten it in the front.
Also curious if any of you have Stetson 5xs that are similar and how the felt is on them.
I have had a few newer 4xs and love the felt however the crowns tend to be soft on them.
Thanks

074ae534f784484a6b929a9a31663569.jpg
3e029448191542f0fd1ff04ebc1cc131.jpg
135ac4cf8022fc60cca7c672a158607d.jpg

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Have a few questions about this stetson I want to purchase:
What’s a fair price to pay?
And how easy is it to uncurl a brim? Would I have to take it to a hat shop or would I be able to jiffy steam and iron it out?
I don’t mind a curl in the back but I would want to flatten it in the front.
Also curious if any of you have Stetson 5xs that are similar and how the felt is on them.
I have had a few newer 4xs and love the felt however the crowns tend to be soft on them.
Thanks

074ae534f784484a6b929a9a31663569.jpg
3e029448191542f0fd1ff04ebc1cc131.jpg
135ac4cf8022fc60cca7c672a158607d.jpg

Beautiful hat Alex. Steam and some hand work has taken curls out of brims for me. You may be left with a crease mark after the curl comes out. Maybe someone knows a good way to remove them. If so I would like to know cause I haven't had much luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy