Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What about the new Akubra Riverina at Hat's Direct?

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
I noticed a new hat at Hat's Direct, the Akubra Riverina. Color is Sand with a 102mm brim. It strikes my fancy for an outdoor hot weather sun blocking hat. I like the Sand color too. I emailed Trudi some questions about it. It's unlined so that'll make it even cooler. I also notice a Sand Cattleman now. I'm going to have to stay away from that site, it's too hard on my wallet! Anybody else care to share their opinion on this new Akubra? Yep, I think I'll order one!

What do you think?

Last edited:

Duper

Practically Family
Well if either of those hats really catch your eye, Sam at EA will fix you up for considerably less. I recall his shipping fees were less as well.

The Tablelands is another unlined vented summer hat with a more moderate brim than the Riverina. I own one in the Brown Olive colour. It says it is available in Sand on the Akubra site but neither EA or HD offer the option on their sites..

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Thank you for the price pointer Duper, I appreciate it. Sam has the Riverina and you're right, it is a little cheaper, but in Sand and size 62 to fit my coal bucket head, I'd have to wait 3 months. Maybe I'll do that and just use it next summer. Thanks for the reply!

Edward

Bartender
Interesting, that Riverina is a completely different hat than the one I bought, sold under the same name, back in 2008. I think mine came from EA - they were blowing it out on a cleance sale, and it ended up costing me only GBP20 plus shipping. Probably the best deal I'll ever see on a new furfelt! Mine is significantly close in shape and size to the Tablelands model which The Hattery have listed as well, fwiw. 3" brim, which I prefer, though I can certainly see the attraction of the 4" for those out in extremes of sun all day.

ETA: the one difference I can see with the tablelands is that it has three ventholes, whereas my Riverina has only two per side.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Akubra Riverina c. 2007

worthlesswithoutpics

1011.jpg

Fiddy-five shipped

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR