Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Reading

What the Victorians Did For Us by Adam Hart-Davis
(London: Headline, 2001)

513QGs3CAtL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
I am battling between 2 second hand books I got.... one is my 4th bio of Amadeo Modigliani... "Modigliani: A Life" by Jeffrey Meyers or "A Girl Like I" by Anita Loos ... I have to make up my mind tonight or tomorrow night the latest. I will let you know my dears :D

Last edited:

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I am just now reading Gone with the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell.

I have to say that I am not schocked at the amount of material they left out for the movie, and yet some of it would add so much to the film and the characters I cannot see how they would have put it to film.

rue

I am just now reading Gone with the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell.

I have to say that I am not schocked at the amount of material they left out for the movie, and yet some of it would add so much to the film and the characters I cannot see how they would have put it to film.

I've always thought the same thing, but it's the best movie version of a book that I've seen personally, so I can't complain too much :)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
"America Through Women's Eyes," a 1934 collection edited by historian Mary R. Beard, compiling selections from first-hand accounts of American women's history from the seventeenth century to the 1930s. (Who says nobody paid attention to such things until the sixties?)

Picked these up at Barnes & Noble yesterday:

What Stalin Knew: The Enigma of Barbarossa by David E. Murphy
Yale University Press, 2011

WWII Bakelite Jewelry: Love and Victory by Bambi Deville Engeran
Schiffer, 2011

Last edited:

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Just finished the last book in "The Sword of Honor" trilogy and I really enjoyed it. Finishing "Passage to India" now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav