Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you watching?

S

Samsa

Seeing as how the "What are you reading?" thread has been so popular, I thought it might be a good idea to start "What are you watching?" Not just movies (or else it would be in "The Moving Picture" section), but TV shows, YouTube clips, you name it.

So, what are you watching?

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
(puts down binoculars while looking into the next house)

ooops...

I am watching chapter seven in "Looking Through The Looking Glass"

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Jeeves & Wooster on DVD
24 (current season)
House, MD
Rome (HBO series)--I rented and watched the first two episodes last week. Honestly, it's more 'HBO adult' than I like, but I enjoy historical drama and it is done well.
The Illusionist--watched this with my wife on DVD last week. Recommended.
Sherlock Holmes--I'm always returning to the Jeremy Brett DVDs
Gilmore Girls--yes, with my wife. It's actually not too bad when you get into it. Ah, the things I do for love. ;)

Ivanhoe on DVD. I got the A&E/BBC mini-series on DVD but haven't started it yet.

staggerwing

One of the Regulars
Not much of a TV watcher. In fact, in the 10 Unusual Things thread, I admitted that I only bought my first TV set about a year ago, and I was 49 years old. Over the weekend my wife and I did watch Flags Of Our Fathers on DVD. Last weekend we watched The Aviator. She bought the DVD about a year ago and we just got around to watching it. I found it pretty disappointing with all the computer animation. I kinda know what airplanes from that era look like, and those weren't airplanes. That should hold me for another year or so...

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Right now: Re-runs of ER, I really should be looking for a job or cleaning the house or something, but how could I miss ER!

Last night: Rome, I'm loving this season. It is so well done.

Tonight: 24

Tomorrow night: House- my favorite show on TV right now. I wish I could find my very own Dr. House!

LadyStardust

Practically Family
AlanC said:
Jeeves & Wooster on DVD

Rome (HBO series)--I rented and watched the first two episodes last week. Honestly, it's more 'HBO adult' than I like, but I enjoy historical drama and it is done well.

Sherlock Holmes--I'm always returning to the Jeremy Brett DVDs

Ivanhoe on DVD. I got the A&E/BBC mini-series on DVD but haven't started it yet.
Ha! Four of my favorites all on one list! :) I've been meaning to get Jeeves & Wooster on DVD, but somehow always manage to get distracted by something else. :p Rome also, I'm looking to get the first season on DVD, and I've been sort of maniacally re-watching all the episodes. It's a wonderful show!

As for my own watching, it's been:
I Dream of Jeannie, Season Two
I Dream of Jeannie Season Three
various programs on History Channel, Discovery Channel, and Animal Planet

Miss Match

New in Town
Doctor Who! I didn't watch the older seasons, because while it was on TV I was very small and thought if people talked with a British Accent it must be a boring show. But I'm loving the new seasons with David Tennant and, before him, Christopher Eccleston.

I'm also watching some delightfully bizarre Australian versions of Gilbert and Sullivan operettas on YouTube. The ladies chorus is played by a doo-wap style girl group, the music is all synthesized, and the scripts are rewritten all over the place, but it's delightful anyway A link for your perusal.

I also watch a lot of Trading Spaces and What Not to Wear on TLC. There is no thinking involved when watching these shows. I don't even have to follow a plot. Yay!

JazzBaby

Practically Family
The Simpsons...it comes on about thirty times a day so I don't have much choice :p

I'm also reminiscing on my childhood by watching 'Are You Afraid of the Dark' on YouTube.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I don't really watch much telly to be honest. Recently I've been watching all the cricket series which are being played and the odd thing on The History Channel.

My fiancée and I watch a couple of DVDs a week as well. Apart from that the gogglebox gets ignored completely.

RedPop4

One Too Many
In our rotation, when we're actually home.....USA Network--House, Monk, Law and Order: CI, Law and Order: SVU and Psych are our "together" watches.

With Mrs RedPop4, it's anything, or almost anything on Encore Love channel, or some HBO movies.....

Without MrsRedPop4 it's whatever is on Fox Soccer Channel or GolTV, Fox Soccer Español, and/or ESPN Deportes; whichever has the best soccer game or soccer news show.

lindylady

A-List Customer
I don't watch too much television, except for the news, weather, and traffic report as I get ready in the mornings. That and the Discovery Channel. I am absolutely hooked on one show called Dirty Jobs. Has anyone seen this? The host Mike Rowe is an absolute whip-smart riot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace