Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you watching?

Warden

One Too Many
I am longing for the day when I can put on an old film dvd on a Sunday afternoon and dose off.

But with a 6 month old and a 3 year old, just don't get the chance to watch TV anymore.

However I do try and catch Top Gear on a Sunday evening. Always interesting to see which nation will Clarkson verbally attack next.

Otherwise tend to see what is on UKTV history, but it currently appears to be nothing but wild life programmes.

Ho I forgot, I do see rather more Thomas the Tank Engine, then I would care for. "They are really useful engines, they are not really useful engines, they go up the line, they go back down the line".

Ho well makes a change from the Telly Tubbies.

Harry

Ps I've added a couple of youtube clips so you know what I am talking about

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I am watching Life on Mars on BBC.
Newly borrowed Team America, Jarhead and Ong Bak. Watched Team America!
I recently watched Thriller in Lego (NOT LegoS :rage:) on Youtube.
And My Name is Earl's Bad Karma skit on Myspace video!

Plus I have been watching Big Train sketches on Youtube.. God they make me cry with laughter. In particular this one which is hilarious even if you haven't seen Hitchcock's The Birds.

Tonight I am going to see Hot Fuzz at the cinema!

GOK

One Too Many
On TV;

The new series of Life On Mars, which began last night -brilliant, utterly brilliant!
Time Team
QI
Mythbusters
Poirot

And occasionally, Sumo TV for the bizarre 1950s public information films.

On DVD;

Farscape - just finished series three, now about to start four. THE best sci-fi ever made IMO.
Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett of course!)
Upstairs Downstairs
Inspector Morse

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Fleur De Guerre said:
Tonight I am going to see Hot Fuzz at the cinema!

Me too! Or Hannibal Rising, I haven't decided yet. Big Train is great, as is anything written by Graham Linehan. Speaking of which, I'm watching Father Ted at the moment!

Then I might stick on a Black Books DVD... (couldn't add a YouTube link as it's very difficult to find one without bad language!)

I've also become sadly addicted to watching the UK version of Whose Line is in Anyway on YouTube. I loved that show so much!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
JazzBaby said:
Me too! Or Hannibal Rising, I haven't decided yet. Big Train is great, as is anything written by Graham Linehan. Speaking of which, I'm watching Father Ted at the moment!

Then I might stick on a Black Books DVD... (couldn't add a YouTube link as it's very difficult to find one without bad language!)

I've also become sadly addicted to watching the UK version of Whose Line is in Anyway on YouTube. I loved that show so much!

Ah, Dermot Morgan RIP. I loved Father Ted. Nuns! Reverse!

Dapper Dan

One of the Regulars
GOK said:
Farscape - just finished series three, now about to start four. THE best sci-fi ever made IMO.

But, GOK, what about the... original Star Trek, with... me, Captain James... T. Kirk of the U.S.S... Enterprise?

Just kidding.

And, speaking of Father Ted, I just recently re-watched the episode of "I'm Alan Partridge" with Graham Linehan and Arthur Mathews (of Father Ted fame) playing Irish TV network representatives. Watching Alan explain that he believes the song "Sunday Bloody Sunday" is about a particularly frustrating Sunday afternoon with the wife and the kids and then later insinuating that the two men may be terrorists is so wonderfully cringe-funny.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Fleur, thanks for turning me on to Big Train. Some of their stuff is great (I say some, but of course you can't keep a sketch show on the air these days without doing some dumb-simple stuff, so no knock there).

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Lately I've been watching a whole lot of Degrassi: The Next Generation. I'm addicted! Last night I took a break from that and watched the independent film Quincenera with my boyfriend. It was really cute, I liked it a lot.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Dapper Dan said:
But, GOK, what about the... original Star Trek, with... me, Captain James... T. Kirk of the U.S.S... Enterprise?

Just kidding.

And, speaking of Father Ted, I just recently re-watched the episode of "I'm Alan Partridge" with Graham Linehan and Arthur Mathews (of Father Ted fame) playing Irish TV network representatives. Watching Alan explain that he believes the song "Sunday Bloody Sunday" is about a particularly frustrating Sunday afternoon with the wife and the kids and then later insinuating that the two men may be terrorists is so wonderfully cringe-funny.

"Sunday Bloody Sunday. Really captures the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? The kids are running around, you've got all of the papers to read, and you think "Sunday, Bloody Sunday." lol lol lol

Dapper Dan

One of the Regulars
JazzBaby said:
"Sunday Bloody Sunday. Really captures the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? The kids are running around, you've got all of the papers to read, and you think "Sunday, Bloody Sunday." lol lol lol

"Oooo, scary Irish man. You want to recruit me? I like your berets. They're worn by Saddam Hussein, Frank Spencer... and the French."

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I just bought a dvd with some old 'Flash Gordon' classics on it. Watched half of it last night. It's fun but incredibly cheesy (which I'm sure most of those were back then!) For some reason, I always thought flash Gordon was a superman type[huh]

Clara Noir

Familiar Face
Brits 2007

Yes, I am watching the Brits. Purely because the beautiful Russel Brand is on it :rolleyes:

Other than that, I've been loving finally owning The Mighty Boosh on dvd. The songs are thorough classics. It's a tad bit surreal for some, but this is the link to the real version of what was the pilot episode. As I recall there isn't and bad language...HUGE apologies if there is, but I'm sure there isn't. :( Tundra

Also I've been watching CSI far more than I should. If only I could take the best bits from each and make one series that wouldn't need two or three double bills a week :rolleyes:

Clara Noir

Familiar Face
Speaking of which, I'm watching Father Ted at the moment!

[/QUOTE]

I found a double bill the other night on More4. Two of the best episodes. A Song for Europe anyone? I'd have voted for My Lovely Horse :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IGDS