Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are your sartorial guilty pleasures?

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm comfortable with the many facets of my personality so I can't quite think of something I wear that is contrary to 'cool'.

I will say that I occasionally wear things that I wouldn't want my grandmother to see me in...although, I wouldn't care THAT much if she did.

I guess I'm fairly shameless.

vonwotan

Practically Family
Tough one, some people might say it's my bow ties and ascots or too many hats (ask my girlfriend). However, what most don't see are the silk undergarments... Fine silk woven to stretch and breathe is comfortable in any weather.

Twitch

I wear a lot of sweats. Often it is because of comfort required due to my damned ongoing medical problems these days but around the house there is nothing better for anything you're going to do there.[huh]

ValerieAmelia

Familiar Face
I don't really have any guilty pleasures, I'm very unapologetic about what I like.

BUT I do get teased by my friend for wearing my leggings, I've worn them before they were trendy. They are my workout, pajamas, lounging around the house, hungover pants. They are terribly comfortable so I really don't care, even though I myself hate the short denim skirt and legging look.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Novelty printed flannel nightgowns that are several sizes too big for me. My favorites have been washed a million times so they're really limp and soft.

Sketchers too--not vintage looking at all but comfortable and easy to get on and off.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
I took sweatshirt material and made drawstring skirts out of it. They are comfy as anything but still somewhat "nice". That and my collection of hello kitty lounge clothes! Including a really soft fleece robe. But I only wear that stuff on sewing days or "I don't care days" and never out of my house!

Samantha

BegintheBeguine

Twitch said:
I wear a lot of sweats. Often it is because of comfort required due to my damned ongoing medical problems these days but around the house there is nothing better for anything you're going to do there.[huh]
My dad never thought he would prefer sweats but he was in a chair and they really were easier, comfortable, and presentable. Now I wear around the house the ones I modified for him (removed elastic at the cuffs and neatly hemmed them).
Worn with the pink leopard-print little girl's slippers my sister-in-law found at the PX. (I have small feet.)

Ada Veen

Practically Family
my boyfriends old clunky black 80s casio watch. inadvertently ruined many a period specific outfit with that.

Miss 1929

Like in the 20s?

Valhson said:
grosgrain watch bands

Doesn't seem like much of a faux-pas to me...
My guilty pleasure is probably polyester... the new kind that breathes...it's indestructible and after too many vintage blowout experiences, a relief.

CdnDandy

Familiar Face
Hockey jerseys. :)

But I do have some "vintage" ones - an old style Calgary Flames jersey (#4, Pekka Rautakallio, late 70s to early 80s), and an old Montreal Canadians jersey that I want to put Rocket Richard onto one day soon.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
thebadmamajama said:
my adult onezie and mismatched pajamas. it's how i roll. ;)

I wish I had a onesie. Just because it's a really funny word and I had never heard it before an episode of Scrubs, and now I hear/see it all the time! Funny how that happens.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I love fitted tees with pictures or sayings on them. I have a bunch but I don't wear them out of the house too much. My favorites are:
Black t-shirt with a picture of patty McCormack from The Bad Seed
black t-shirt with a picture of Alan Rickman as Snap and the words Friend or Foe.
Green T-shirt that reads Karaoke Superstar.
White T-shirt that reads I don't like you on the front and don't cry on the back.

Jovan

Suspended
Vans sneakers!

Also Nintendo, Star Wars, or otherwise nerdy tees.

EDIT: These are what I'm referring to. Better designed than most sneakers these days.

827-151826-d.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael