Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WHAT CAN THE FEDORA LOUNGE DO FOR YOU?

rue

It's not just women. I lurked for a couple years before I had the courage to join in.

It took me about a year. Every time I looked something up, the FL was always the first on the list.
New places full of knowledgeable people can certainly be intimidating. But folks here were so warm, right from the (my) beginning, that it didn't take long to feel comfortable.

I have to say that for the most part they were. I was never part of a forum before, so the whole thing was new to me and I think that's part of the reason I was shy to join in at first.

m0nk

One Too Many
It took me about a year. Every time I looked something up, the FL was always the first on the list.

I have to say that for the most part they were. I was never part of a forum before, so the whole thing was new to me and I think that's part of the reason I was shy to join in at first.
Yeah, my first year I only posted rarely, though in the past 6 months or so I've been getting really active.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
It's not just women. I lurked for a couple years before I had the courage to join in.

I can see that, especially with (like scotty says) all the knowledgeable people here. You menfolk sure know a lot about hats.

It only took me a couple of months of lurking to join up. Though, that could be because I never quite caught on to the "not vintage enough" phenomenon that turns so many people away. If I had, I'm sure I'd still be lurking...

rumblefish

One Too Many
New places full of knowledgeable people can certainly be intimidating. But folks here were so warm, right from the (my) beginning, that it didn't take long to feel comfortable.

My feelings too!

I like that I can come here with a question about style and get answer (often with pictures) within moments.

Stormy

A-List Customer
Wow! I don't even have time to tell of all that The Fedora Lounge has added to my life. Each time I come here I learn something new and valuabe. My career as an educator has been enhanced by what I've learned here. As a local jazz singer and musician, I have found a unique and highly elite company of experts who unknowingly advise and inspire me. Whenever I have a question about anything vintage, I know where to find an answer ...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This is all very heartening and encouraging to hear. I'm so glad 'so many' people out there have found TFL such a warm and welcoming place to come in out of the cold and hang up their hats amongst friends.

amador

A-List Customer
I was looking for information about Fedora Hats and lurked for some time gathering useful information. After aquiring several hats I decided to join in the fun at the lounge. I initially lingered around the Indiana Jones type hat threads then the Bogart type. I have since been inspired to express some literary inclanations and to research "The Golden Era". Over all this site has a wealth of informative Loungers. Thank you.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Typical.. ;)

Um, yeah. I thought that what Marc wrote was pretty profound. I just hadn't thought to respond to it.

What I try to do for the fedora lounge is offer help where I can. My job doesn't allow me to look at a computer for most of the day, so I contribute where I can, trying not to be too redundant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic