Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
My new leather newsboy:

IMG_5285.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Along with the great caps I also like those saddle shoes Eric. Not sure I could trust myself to keep the white ones clean though!

Thanks sir. They are some 1930's tarsal strap leather shoes in white/brown. The leather is easier to keep clean than white suede bucks.

i-ttzMBkB-M.jpg

i-bQ2Vs3T-M.jpg

Summer in my neighborhood in Minnesota is surprisingly easy on shoes. Winter different situation.

Sometimes the best solution is the simplest. Today simple = best.

i-ts5PFfM-M.jpg

i-PxB96ck-M.jpg

i-rSPw7cq-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Not exactly wearing it so much as making it. Rough mockup of an early '20s esque cap. Just basted and together and awaiting most of it's finishing details. It took ages to get the shape and I may or may not have cheated and used s baseball cap brim. Blue/grey large scale herringbone View attachment 129031 View attachment 129032 View attachment 129033 View attachment 129034

You have some skills! The side profile appears to need more fabric. The 20's styled caps I have feature a bit more fabric, or a fuller cut. I have learned to enjoy the 2.5" + brim sizes. I find I wear more 2.5-2.25" brims than the bigger brims. I like the scale on my smaller face/body. Your brim looks to work for you. The brim appears to be thicker than I often see. I am liking the rough and tumble look.

Here is a 1920's replica by the famous bespoke cap maker Keith of "well Dressed Head" that I have in mind having "perfect dimensions of said period.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ifX1FWzugEg/UoBeqoHsNVI/AAAAAAAAC2E/wQI3ItzMKxw/s1600/cap10-1.jpg

Stay at your passion VintageEveryDay. Nice cap.
Best, Eric -

RJR

Iowa Wave 2.jpg
I'm not a baseball cap person BUT this is a cap celebrating the "Wave" at Iowa football games.Some of you will be familiar,for others try Googling the Iowa Wave.
Stead Family Children's Hospital overlooks Kinnick Stadium and it has become a tradition for all fans and BOTH teams to stop and wave to the kids in the hospital during all home gamjes.
All proceeds from Iowa Waveshirts and hats go net to the hospital.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
New cap day! I just recieved this afternoon a long awaited custom cap from Australia and wanted to share.

i-FTQDn8P-M.jpg

New cap day! Introducing my new cap the Excaliber from Well Dressed Head, Keith Lo Bue. I am absolutely thrilled after examining and touring the cap around the yard the past hour. Dang what a cap!

i-WhT5JRx-M.jpg

I hope my pics captured the quality of craftsmanship and detailed artisan touches. I advocate my attention to detail as an asset (especially to my wife and close friends/family) and this cap has my tipping the cap brim in acknowledgement of attention to detail in spades.

i-2qfCj8J-M.jpg

i-QHPW9Bq-M.jpg

The vintage work wear wool and vintage Japanese kimono cotton materials are exquisite.

i-rQjvF4D-M.jpg

i-sGWHzk2-M.jpg

I tip the cap brim and a glass of local brewed beer (Omni Dirty Hippy) towards Keith Lo Bue in Australia this late afternoon. THANKS sir!

i-Ktg9ppr-M.jpg

Cheers cap folks!

Best, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran