Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Cap Are You Wearing Today?

View attachment 575016 View attachment 575021
Pleated green and blue speckled vintage wool. This cap in made by Barry Simonds.
I got real lucky on this one. I picked it up in the secondary market at a very attractive price. It's rare to find a practically new, semi-custom in my size.

Wonderful cap, and it looks better on you than on your transparent "model". ;) Hopefully someday I'll find one equally as attractive at a price I can live with.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Friday's frolics were done wearing a Fox Brother's heavy tweed cap.

i-b4f3dsd-M.jpg

i-vN8V3gD-M.jpg

i-DnDHfjc-M.jpg

Yesterday a nubby wool cap was just the ticket.

i-JXQ5xfc-M.jpg

i-bVxDvcn-M.jpg

Re-locating snow this morning found me in a wool cap.

i-Jgdz5ct-M.jpg

i-MT9Z8d2-M.jpg

i-8znS8Wj-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
The colors of that check pattern really work well together, very handsome cap!

Thanks sir for the cap compliment. The Fox wool pattern I selected from the fabric tab of their website. I really like the trad patterns they make and sell.

Yesterday I wore a different Fox Wool patterned cap. This houndstooth pattern has subtle color hues in the pattern. I like the hues and general cool temp of the cloth. It pairs with lots of my outwear.

i-wrs8xRW-M.jpg

i-tZBC9vN-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Art Hat1

One of the Regulars
Thanks sir for the cap compliment. The Fox wool pattern I selected from the fabric tab of their website. I really like the trad patterns they make and sell.

Yesterday I wore a different Fox Wool patterned cap. This houndstooth pattern has subtle color hues in the pattern. I like the hues and general cool temp of the cloth. It pairs with lots of my outwear.

i-wrs8xRW-M.jpg

i-tZBC9vN-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Another beauty! There’s something about a nice gingham check that just, well, “checks” all the boxes as it were.

quikrick

One Too Many

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Took my canvas Cordova on the first long walk of the year yesterday. It’s certainly my favorite cap though it’ll probably get hung up in favor of my linen version once Florida summer arrives. View attachment 576179 View attachment 576180

The canvas cap is a terrifc cap for an adventure. The canvas appears to hold it's shape well. I do like the proportions of the cap. Flattering.

Stetson cap with rare sunshine.
View attachment 576314

Grand cap. Sunshine has indeed been scarce. Cool and almost no snow is the forecast.

Mrs Claus bought me a new cap for Christmas

Light Brown color made of a mix of Merino, Angora and Cashmere Welsh Wool completely made in England from Gamble & Gunn Ltd

View attachment 577445 View attachment 577447 View attachment 577448 View attachment 577449

Your pics do showcase the soft fabric. Looks comfy. A cap instead of the ubiquitous socks - you rock!

Eric. -

Art Hat1

One of the Regulars
The canvas cap is a terrifc cap for an adventure. The canvas appears to hold it's shape well. I do like the proportions of the cap. Flattering.

Grand cap. Sunshine has indeed been scarce. Cool and almost no snow is the forecast.

Your pics do showcase the soft fabric. Looks comfy. A cap instead of the ubiquitous socks - you rock!

Eric. -
Thank you very much, that means a lot! It’s definitely become my go any where, do anything cap. Thanks to the color and texture of the canvas (as opposed to twill) it can dress up, down and sideways, is really rugged and looks straight out of the 1920s or 30s. I have gotten in the habit of stuffing the crown with paper towels whenever it get drenched to let it dry in shape but even without that it holds it shape really well. All the credit in the world to Jonathan Cordova! Hopefully he’ll get some more summer weight fabrics in soon, like with a nice herringbone pattern.
IMG_1283.jpeg
IMG_1282.jpeg

That red liner tip is the literal cherry on top, perfect!

Thank you very much, that means a lot! It’s definitely become my go any where, do anything cap. Thanks to the color and texture of the canvas (as opposed to twill) it can dress up, down and sideways, is really rugged and looks straight out of the 1920s or 30s. I have gotten in the habit of stuffing the crown with paper towels whenever it get drenched to let it dry in shape but even without that it holds it shape really well. All the credit in the world to Jonathan Cordova! Hopefully he’ll get some more summer weight fabrics in soon, like with a nice herringbone pattern. View attachment 578210 View attachment 578211

That red liner tip is the literal cherry on top, perfect!

Canvas, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails