Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what CD do you have in the car?

DesertDan

One Too Many
Let's see, on todays morning drive:

Fair Warning - Van Halen
ZZ Top - Greatest Hits

The Homeward drive will be;

Them Crooked Vultures

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
just got an iPhone4, so my days of carrying CDs in the car are pretty much done! The task of uploading all of my music CDs to my Mac so I can sync them to the iPod will take me quite a while...

LizzieMaine

Bartender
My car came with a five-cd changer mounted in the trunk -- the guy who broke into my car the other night missed it, ha ha -- and I've had the same five homemade CD's worth of '30s dance-band 78s in it for about three years now. The punk also didn't have any use for my cassette player, which currently has a 1957 Brooklyn Dodgers game in it.

DNO

One Too Many
Paul Simon, Graceland;

Sarah Harmer, Songs for Clem

Jerry Lee Lewis, All Killer, No Filler (indispensable)

Last edited:

Caroline H

Familiar Face
Right now in my car it is a two cd set of assorted music from WWII called Stage Door Canteen. When we are in Kirk's car it is usually the 40's channel or the 80's channel on satellite radio.

Rathdown

Practically Family
Berlin By Night (EMI, 1991) a compilation of popular German music from the 20s and 30s. Will probably add a Max Raabe album after I see him in concert on March 1st in Bethesda, Maryland.

Dan Rodemsky

One of the Regulars
iPod with a mix of 50s and 60s swingers. Sinatra, Dino, Darin, that sort of stuff. Sometimes I switch to the blues mix. Robert Johnson through Clapton.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
"A Salty Piece of Land" by Jimmy Buffett; audiobook. Book before that was "The Time Traveler's Wife."

Sirius radio has been on Forties on Four most of the time when I take a break from the book.

For Christmas my wife gave me (besides a bench grinder) a turntable that has a USB connection so I can record her father's 78s to MP3. I don't know what all he has. Some of those will probably wind up on the USB drive connected to my car stereo.

Cheers,
Tom

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I've had the Best of Cat Stevens in my car for quite awhile (I haven't driven much in the past 5 years, so it has been in there for literally years). Now I am on the road for several hours 3 days a week, so I need to remember to take out a new CD. I might put in some Jethro Tull or Natalie MacMaster next, not sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav