• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by indycop, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Just wondering what all the cigars smokers had today! Saturday I had a Hoyo De Monterrey Dark Sumatra and today just a regular Hoyo.:)
    Friday and Saturday I also had my pipe, which I have just taken to thanks to Apipeguy!:)
  2. DblCoronaMS

DblCoronaMS One of the Regulars

None today but yesterday I enjoyed a Puros Indios Cut Head #5 and a Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur #1 while acting as a flagman watching Ferraris, Jaguars, Vettes, AMG Mercedes, Porsches, a Viper, a Ford GT and a vintage '68 Firebird from the old Trans Am series circulate around a closed police training track. I even got a few laps in the passenger seat of a Ferrari 308 GTS.

What a great way to waste a Saturday!
  3. Tanganyika Bulldog loaded with G&H Brown Rope #4.
  4. Boodles

Boodles A-List Customer

Saturday evening it was a #5 (I think) La Gloria Series R. Along with that went a dollop (or two) of Elijah Craig.
  5. Friday evening, it was an El Rico Habano maduro, which I had to cut short because all the food I was grilling was done and the wimminsfolk insisted we go inside and eat.

Last night, I had an unbanded Habano belicoso. I know not what it was, but like most Habanos it was superb.

Don, nice to see you here, buddy.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap
  6. deelovely

deelovely Practically Family

Last night I had an Oliveros Short Lady ChaChaCha... night before that I had a Drew Estates Kahlua. :) And a few puffs from my hubby's pipe! ;)
  7. I had one of my 2 remaining Opus X last night. It has been sitting in the humidor for a while, as I don't care for them. It seemed to be the big thing when I got them but I just don't care for it.[huh]
  8. DblCoronaMS

DblCoronaMS One of the Regulars

Finally! My search for the perfect woman ends... and she's married.

Just my luck. ;)

Hubster is one lucky stiff.
  9. Saturday night at Fuego's in Pleasure Island, Sosa churchill for me and Sosa no. 4 for Deelovely.:D

10. Nice photo, seems y'all are having a great time.

I've only had an Opus or two, and never cared for them, either.
  11. SamMarlowPI

SamMarlowPI One Too Many

usually my Dr. Grabow when the temperature isn't freezing...and a Black and Mild for the days in between a really good cigar...
  12. A meer-lined "Made in Ireland" Peterson billiard packed with GL Pease Fillmore.

Not bad for a cold, blustery night, if I do say so!
  13. Copper

Copper One of the Regulars

Very nice choice.

I am planning to load my Falcon (Apple bowl lined with meer) tonight after dinner with some Mac Baren's Plumcake and enjoy it with a small cognac. The falcon isn't pretty but between the meerschaum lined bowl and the 'radiator' stem it really cools down a hot burning blend.

Its been a cold last few days here, and this should bring a wee bit of warmth to the night.
  14. After months of hounding my lovely bride for a pipe, I got a Wiley for Christmas from my girls and have become pretty good at smoking it. I just filled it with a wonderful aromatic blend called "Russels Desire" from my local shop. Perfect end to a cold day!
  15. I need to break out my pipe this week!:D
  16. Just finished a Top Cigar uncut robusto. Nice, oily wrapper not as oily as a Gurkha Black Dragon though. It did seem a bit strong but good.:)
    Deelovely had some kind of Helix remix , I think thats what it was.:rolleyes:
  17. Had a Sosa Wavell today, Excellent smoke. I saw that it was rated 21st for the year in Cigar afficionado and since Sosa is my favorite brand I had to try it.
  18. HOW Barking Dog in a Bjarne billiard.

19. Mike K.

Mike K. One Too Many

Little bit of everything lately.
    Yesterday evening I settled down to a nice bowl of G. L. Pease Westminster.
    This morning it was some old fashioned Prince Albert.
    Just finished the day with a cool Belgian wheat beer and some Cornell & Diehl Autumn Evening.
  20. Badluck Brody

Badluck Brody Practically Family

Just a taste of..

One bowl of Captain Black's Gold, until I got chewed out by my 6 yr old daugter...