Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

My friend and I tried the Tatuaje Culebra against the Partagas Culebra. No contest really. The Tatuaje is a larger culebra with an interesting aroma. It also has a decent draw and, for the first inch or so, was lush with leather, dark chocolate and earthy tones. The problem was that it gradually built up quite a metallic taste that flooded the pallet and just ruined the cigar for me.
The Partagas Culebra, on the other hand, was a smaller and more crooked culebra. The draw was identical to the Tatuaje but here is where they departed. The Partagas pulled away with sweetness from the very start. It gradually brought on citrus and chocolate notes as well. It finished with nuts and leathery goodness. Not extremely complicated but a classic for a culebra.
In all, I really was pulling for the Tatuaje because they are much easier to get but the taste just turned me off to that size for them. I have been impressed with other offerings that Tatuaje has to offer and I look forward to their new releases under different brand names but this one is a bomb. :eusa_doh::(

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
601 Green corona tonight with McLelland's Islay tonight. I've been drinking a lot of this one lately.

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I suspect that it was a good pairing then? :D
Tonight I had a Quintero y Hermano with a cigar holder. I might just like using the holder. It certainly concentrates the taste and strength. :p
Yes. Good indeed. The strength of each complimented the other.

What more can you share about the cigar holder? it sounds like an interesting idea.

gdc

One of the Regulars
I don't smoke in the house and it's been way too hot this summer to enjoy it but this evening it cooled and we got some light rain. Looking through my lonely pipes I grabbed a James Upshall size 6 http://www.upshallusa.com/services.htm and loaded it with some well aged Virginia cake. That was over two hours of relaxation. Great pipe but I'd been off the wagon a bit too long and felt its effect. :eek:

Yes. Good indeed. The strength of each complimented the other.

What more can you share about the cigar holder? it sounds like an interesting idea.

That is always good to find. :cheers1:

Well, supposedly, the cigar holder keeps the cigar out of your mouth and is more healthy but I just don't like getting tobacco bits on my tongue and that solves that problem. :p
It also keeps the heat away from your mouth and solves the burning fingers problem. :p I smoked the last one down to about 1/4 of an inch. :p Perhaps that is why I had the strength hit me more. It also makes you likely the only one in the smoking lounge with one too. :p The eccentricity factor alone works for me. :p

maduro 5

A-List Customer
Yesterday Monecristo #2. The last time I smoked #2 was about 18 years ago. I know it is considered to be a classic but I find the taste rather unidimensional. Definetely not my thing.

maduro 5

A-List Customer
I think you are in the minority with that opinion. It is the best selling size of that brand or any other worldwide. :p
I suspect that you are correct but the only Montecristos that do it for me are an Open Eagle and Edmundo. And I would take Partagas P2 over Montecristo #2 any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn