Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What cigar (or pipe) did you smoke today?

Trinidad Coloniales, very disappointing. Prompted when I saw an old box of Fundadores. These new Trinidad is however completely different. Also had a Hoyo Regalios. Quite an improvement compared to the one I smoked in 2007 when it was launched. Did not buy the Regalios then because had Epicure 2s in 2007 and 2008 that are better than the Regalios. However those Epicure 2s are gone now, so may have to make do with some Regalios.

Geez, at about $300 a box, they should be excellent but I had heard that they were not a superb cigar. Some of them have draw problems. A corona size shouldn't be that hard to get the draw right---I would think.[huh]

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Geez, at about $300 a box, they should be excellent but I had heard that they were not a superb cigar. Some of them have draw problems. A corona size shouldn't be that hard to get the draw right---I would think.[huh]
More like US$400 here even for the parallel imports.

Blackadder

Nice. I'll trade humidors any day. :D
Trinidads are not my choice. My friend gave me the Ingenios for my opinion then I bought a Short Robusto T just to compare. Conclusion is they are not worth the price as other limited edicions are at least as good. Got special discount on the Immensos. Flavours' quite similar to Ramon Allones Superiors, may be because both are La Casa editions. I'm sure once they lift the ban in the States, I'll have difficulty finding cubans here.

I'm sure once they lift the ban in the States, I'll have difficulty finding cubans here.

If they lift the ban there will be a shortage everywhere. I doubt there will even be a such thing as a Cuban Puro after that---just as it was before the ban. Many companies here already own the names and they will blend the tobaccos and screw up what makes them good as they are. However, construction will likely be of much higher quality. Poor draws and wrappers with sunspots and other issues will become a thing of the past.[huh]

Blackadder

Montecristo petit tubo, followed by a few mini Cohibas. Petit tubo was not worth the price jump from the regular #4 IMHO.
In the long run, the tubos will worth the price as they are better protected hence aged better whilst the paper boxes or cabinets packaged cigars tend dry out over 10 years in the stores or warehouses. I have bought some very good condition vintage tubos in the past. I still have a few 1983 Montecristo Tubos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou